Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 20D leaked offical photos!

Canon 20D leaked offical photos!

Simon Gardner

In article <cfvkd4$nnn$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The flash pops-up much higher, probably to accomodate the use
> of new ultra wide angle lenses.

The internal flash - which I no longer use much certainly needs to. Any
kind of a lens hood and close-ish (but by no means very close) shooting
distance causes a nasty lens hood shadow.

I always use a lens hood.

Simon Gardner

In article <cfvj2q$n7m$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yep, same here. Waiting for PMA Last Vegas next year, and the EOS 3D.
> Hopefully, Canon will respond to wishes of 10D owners for a 8 mpixel 1,3x
> crop camera.

Who wants 1.3x? I'll accept nothing less than 1x.

des

> In article <cfvj2q$n7m$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Yep, same here. Waiting for PMA Last Vegas next year, and the EOS 3D.
> > Hopefully, Canon will respond to wishes of 10D owners for a 8 mpixel 1,3x
> > crop camera.

An 8mp 1.3x Canon Camera has already been released, so your wishes have
been answered! Its called the EOS-1D Mark II.

David Littlewood

In article <4125e543$0$559$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, Bart van der Wolf
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"David Littlewood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>SNIP
>> I would have thought it rather obvious. The introduction of cut-down
>> EF-S lenses suggests Canon have given up - or at least seriously
>> postponed - plans to introduce larger sensors.

>I think you underestimate Canon. The EF-S lenses provide a chance to
>sell another lens when people progress to a full-frame sensor body.
>Selling more lenses makes business sense to me...
>
>Bart

Bart, I didn't say - or think - it was bad business for Canon, only that
I was unhappy about it. Don't imagine Canon will be losing sleep.

David
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Annika1980
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>From: David Littlewood http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>>That means those of use with lots of EF lenses will be left frustrated,
>>and those who care about quality will be left with smaller noisier
>>sensors.

>Smaller, yes.
>Noiser, no.
>
>Ain't technology wonderful?

By definition, other design aspects being equal, a smaller sensor must
be noisier than a larger one.
--
David Littlewood

Skip M

"David Littlewood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Annika1980
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >>From: David Littlewood (E-Mail Removed)

> >>That means those of use with lots of EF lenses will be left frustrated,
> >>and those who care about quality will be left with smaller noisier
> >>sensors.

> >Smaller, yes.
> >Noiser, no.
> >
> >Ain't technology wonderful?
> >

> By definition, other design aspects being equal, a smaller sensor must
> be noisier than a larger one.
> --
> David Littlewood

The point here, I think, is that other design aspects are not equal. IF
Canon left the design alone, just added pixels, you'd be right.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

David Littlewood

In article <0ukXc.105678$Lj.53181@fed1read03>, Skip M
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>"David Littlewood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Annika1980
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>> >Smaller, yes.
>> >Noiser, no.
>> >
>> >Ain't technology wonderful?
>> >

>> By definition, other design aspects being equal, a smaller sensor must
>> be noisier than a larger one.
>> --
>> David Littlewood

>The point here, I think, is that other design aspects are not equal. IF
>Canon left the design alone, just added pixels, you'd be right.

But any improvement done to the one, could be done to the other. It is
just the same as for film; great fuss was made over the "improved"
emulsions introduced with APS, but the enhancements found their way into
35mm almost at once.

David
--
David Littlewood

usenet@imagenoir.com

Kibo informs me that Jim Townsend <(E-Mail Removed)> stated that:

>Yep.. It's costing a fortune to stay 'latest and greatest'. My 10D
>serves me well.
>
>I made a promise to myself that I'd wait until whatever replaced the 10D
>was in turn replaced.. So I'm going to wait for the 30D

Having spent many years working with laptops, I also believe that
skipping every second upgrade model is the best policy, in terms of
value for money. Taking every upgrade is a huge waste of money.