Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S200 CF Door / WTB Broken S200

Canon S200 CF Door / WTB Broken S200

Mark

Recently, my Canon S200 was dropped . Now, the tiny little piece
that holds the memory card door shut is broken off, so the memory card
door no longer shuts. Everything else is functional.

Anyone know where I might find a replacement CF door? It's just a
little piece, seemingly held in by 4 little screws-- should be an easy
fix.

OR, anyone have a really broken S200 (or similar) that they would want
to sell cheap for the CF door?

I've already emailed Canon to find out how much they would charge to
fix... but I doubt whatever their cost would be worth it for my
starting-to-get-old camera.

Thanks,
Mark

Kampman

Mark wrote:
> Recently, my Canon S200 was dropped . Now, the tiny little piece
> that holds the memory card door shut is broken off, so the memory card
> door no longer shuts. Everything else is functional.
>
> Anyone know where I might find a replacement CF door? It's just a
> little piece, seemingly held in by 4 little screws-- should be an easy
> fix.
>
> OR, anyone have a really broken S200 (or similar) that they would want
> to sell cheap for the CF door?
>
> I've already emailed Canon to find out how much they would charge to
> fix... but I doubt whatever their cost would be worth it for my
> starting-to-get-old camera.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Go to the Canon forum at dpreview.com and search for "S200 door".

Someone there ordered one from Canon for $9.00.