Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Simple Java Calculator required. (paid work)

Simple Java Calculator required. (paid work)

Ron

I have posted on Google answers my requirement (paying $25) for a small,
simple Java Calculator:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=729045

Thanks for looking !!

IchBin

Ron wrote:
> I have posted on Google answers my requirement (paying $25) for a small,
> simple Java Calculator:
>
> http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=729045
>
> Thanks for looking !!
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Your spec says "I require this formula done in Javascript" not Java.
Wrong Group.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

jmcgill

IchBin wrote:
> Your spec says "I require this formula done in Javascript" not Java.
> Wrong Group.

The assignment would be quite trivial, despite it needing to be
Javascript. It's 10 minutes of work...

Rhino

"jmcgill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> IchBin wrote:
>> Your spec says "I require this formula done in Javascript" not Java.
>> Wrong Group.

> The assignment would be quite trivial, despite it needing to be
> Javascript. It's 10 minutes of work...

No point; if you scroll down, someone has already posted an answer,
apparently without first collecting his $25. Why buy a cow when milk is free

But if you ask me, there is something fishy about the whole deal. He's
calculating a Manitoba Land Tax amount. (Manitoba is a province of Canada.)
Only the Manitoba government is going to collect a tax so this is presumably
a civil servant trying to write this Javascript. I've never heard of a
government farming out work this informally. A friend of a friend who worked
for an agency somewhat _related_ to a provincial government once needed
someone to write a few lines of HTML; they guesstimated that it was 10 hours
work total (it was more like 20 minutes) and actually advertised the
position and did formal INTERVIEWS to find the person who would get the job!
With that kind of mentality, I can't imagine a government with unionized
employees just posting specs on a website and sending the guy who wrote the
code $25; it's just not bureaucratic enough to be real government.

Maybe this guy is a contractor working for the government. Or maybe he's set
to do some kind of "phishing" scheme where people send HIM their Manitoba
Land Tax money instead of the government?

--
Rhino

jmcgill

Rhino wrote:

> Maybe this guy is a contractor working for the government. Or maybe he's set
> to do some kind of "phishing" scheme where people send HIM their Manitoba
> Land Tax money instead of the government?

Sounds like an IP royalty bomb

Furious George

Rhino wrote:
> "jmcgill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > IchBin wrote:
> >> Your spec says "I require this formula done in Javascript" not Java.
> >> Wrong Group.

> > The assignment would be quite trivial, despite it needing to be
> > Javascript. It's 10 minutes of work...

> No point; if you scroll down, someone has already posted an answer,
> apparently without first collecting his $25. Why buy a cow when milk is free
>

> But if you ask me, there is something fishy about the whole deal. He's
> calculating a Manitoba Land Tax amount. (Manitoba is a province of Canada.)
> Only the Manitoba government is going to collect a tax so this is presumably
> a civil servant trying to write this Javascript. I've never heard of a
> government farming out work this informally. A friend of a friend who worked
> for an agency somewhat _related_ to a provincial government once needed
> someone to write a few lines of HTML; they guesstimated that it was 10 hours
> work total (it was more like 20 minutes) and actually advertised the
> position and did formal INTERVIEWS to find the person who would get the job!
> With that kind of mentality, I can't imagine a government with unionized
> employees just posting specs on a website and sending the guy who wrote the
> code $25; it's just not bureaucratic enough to be real government.
>
> Maybe this guy is a contractor working for the government. Or maybe he's set
> to do some kind of "phishing" scheme where people send HIM their Manitoba
> Land Tax money instead of the government?

Good points. I think it is more probable that he is a student and
wants someone else to do his homework for him.

> --
> Rhino

jmcgill

Furious George wrote:

> Good points. I think it is more probable that he is a student and
> wants someone else to do his homework for him.

Surely no *Canadian* student would do that.

Rhino

"Furious George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Rhino wrote:
>> "jmcgill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >
>> > The assignment would be quite trivial, despite it needing to be
>> > Javascript. It's 10 minutes of work...

>> No point; if you scroll down, someone has already posted an answer,
>> apparently without first collecting his $25. Why buy a cow when milk is
>> free
>>

>> But if you ask me, there is something fishy about the whole deal. He's
>> calculating a Manitoba Land Tax amount. (Manitoba is a province of
>> Canada.)
>> Only the Manitoba government is going to collect a tax so this is
>> presumably
>> a civil servant trying to write this Javascript. I've never heard of a
>> government farming out work this informally. A friend of a friend who
>> worked
>> for an agency somewhat _related_ to a provincial government once needed
>> someone to write a few lines of HTML; they guesstimated that it was 10
>> hours
>> work total (it was more like 20 minutes) and actually advertised the
>> position and did formal INTERVIEWS to find the person who would get the
>> job!
>> With that kind of mentality, I can't imagine a government with unionized
>> employees just posting specs on a website and sending the guy who wrote
>> the
>> code $25; it's just not bureaucratic enough to be real government.
>>
>> Maybe this guy is a contractor working for the government. Or maybe he's
>> set
>> to do some kind of "phishing" scheme where people send HIM their Manitoba
>> Land Tax money instead of the government?

> Good points. I think it is more probable that he is a student and
> wants someone else to do his homework for him.

A student has an assignment to calculate the Manitoba Land Tax? Seems a bit
unlikely to me. Not inconceivable - an imaginative instructor might look for
a real life form for his students to code - but not awfully likely. I've
seen a lot of homework assignments described on the Java forums but never
anything involving an (apparently) real tax.

--
Rhino

fb

Rhino wrote:
> "jmcgill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> IchBin wrote:
>>> Your spec says "I require this formula done in Javascript" not Java.
>>> Wrong Group.

>> The assignment would be quite trivial, despite it needing to be
>> Javascript. It's 10 minutes of work...

> No point; if you scroll down, someone has already posted an answer,
> apparently without first collecting his $25. Why buy a cow when milk is free
>

> But if you ask me, there is something fishy about the whole deal. He's
> calculating a Manitoba Land Tax amount. (Manitoba is a province of Canada.)

People don't know where Manitoba is? I'm hurt.

> Only the Manitoba government is going to collect a tax so this is presumably
> a civil servant trying to write this Javascript. I've never heard of a
> government farming out work this informally. A friend of a friend who worked
> for an agency somewhat _related_ to a provincial government once needed
> someone to write a few lines of HTML; they guesstimated that it was 10 hours
> work total (it was more like 20 minutes) and actually advertised the
> position and did formal INTERVIEWS to find the person who would get the job!
> With that kind of mentality, I can't imagine a government with unionized
> employees just posting specs on a website and sending the guy who wrote the
> code $25; it's just not bureaucratic enough to be real government.

No no...I live in Manitoba and work for a City in said province. I can
almost guarantee this happens...alot. It also seems to filter down to
the municipal government(s).

> Rhino

fb

Furious George

jmcgill wrote:
> Furious George wrote:
>
> > Good points. I think it is more probable that he is a student and
> > wants someone else to do his homework for him.

> Surely no *Canadian* student would do that.

You are right. He is an American student occupying space and time in a
Manitoba school.

Java Code help Mortgage Calculator skull Java 2 12-01-2010 03:14 AM
Calculator in java HelpMe Java 7 02-22-2008 04:12 PM
SIMPLE Javascript Calculator firstcustomer@gmail.com Javascript 23 07-13-2006 06:09 AM
Simple GPA calculator program rmr531@gmail.com Perl Misc 11 06-08-2006 02:17 PM
coding a simple calculator Paul C Programming 3 03-07-2004 08:02 PM

Advertisments