Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Is my CPU...normal?

Is my CPU...normal?

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

I have been monitoring my CPU temp, and it seems to be running at 40C.
I had a look at Syndromes and it was like....27C.
Can someone help me out?
And I also can't control the speed with SPEEDFAN, 3 words... WTF!

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

40c isn't all that high depending on what HSF you're using. I have no clue as to the spes on the other system, but you're Intel 775 will run hotter than almost any other chip. Also, GIGABYTE mother boards have been reporting high temps lately, check for a updated Bios that corrects this problem.
One last word of thought, don't comapre temps of systems, even if they are 100% alike, they will report temps different, it's just the nature of the beast.
The temp monitoring that comes with mother boards is just a guide for checking on YOUR system..............

Technoholic Technoholic is offline
Senior Member

Mines..
3.0E @ 3.29 GHz and running around 44C with Zalman CNPS7000B.
By the way, Prescott processors are more hotter. Northwood processors pwn. Northwood is better for gaming and cooler.

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

I think this little baby pwn all them Intel chips in regards to temps.........

Thar a 1.8 CPU speed OC'd to 2.79, just shy of a 1 gig overclock........... And the temps still kick Intels butt.

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

Now something weirds happened lmao,
My cpu has started running at 25C...lmao, overclocking time?

m1k30rz m1k30rz is offline
Member
Location: New Zealand

Probably a bad sensor on your motherboard?

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

Yup, I'd be careful OC'ing till you figured out what the correct temp was. That is unless you're made out of money and can go out and buy a new CPU all the time............

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i am not, i am guessing you Hit the Dioode or maybe the sensor chip stuffed up

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

oh! I found out what it is!!!
Room temperature
lmao, at night : 27C
Day time : 40C
Pathetic ar'nt I?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

lol... ur in a hot place 40! i get that in summer, and thats when we don't have to go to school yippy!
Current 15 C Nite
And 24 C Day