Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .Net 2.0, UserControl in a subfolder won't compile

.Net 2.0, UserControl in a subfolder won't compile

=?Utf-8?B?aW5zdHJ1bw==?=

Hi all,

Have an issue in VS 2005 that I can't seem to sort out. I have a couple of
UserContols that I would like to have in a Controls subfolder off my
application root. The problem is that when the files are in that folder, I
get several build errors, all along the lines of "The type or namespace name
'____' does not exist in the namespace '__________.___________' (are you
missing an assembly reference?", anywhere that I try to load them.

The thing is, if I have the files located under my application root, they
build and work just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

PeterKellner

by default, the only code that will get compiled is what is in the root and
in the app_code subdirectory. If you want to add other files, you need to
add to web.config:

<compilation>
<codeSubDirectories>
<add directoryName="CSFolderForUserControls" />
</cod....
</compil...

Hope that helps

Peter Kellner