Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem applying skin to custom GridView control

Problem applying skin to custom GridView control

ack95

I am going insane. We have created a themeable control called
GridViewBase:

public class GridViewBase : GridView

in another assembly called BBB:UI and the namespace is BBB:UI as well.
I can successfully use this control in my aspx page with both declaring
it in my web.config OR directly in the page itself with @Register.
FYI... the assembly is referenced by project in the solution and we are
using C#.

The problem is when I want to skin this custom gridview control. I
have tried everything I can think of. As I understand it, it should
work with simply:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="BBB" Namespace="BBB.UI" Assembly="BBB.UI" %>
<BBB:GridViewBase runat="server"></BBB:GridViewBase>

When I try to build the project after adding this skin, I get 3 VB
errors that are all basically:
Error 2 Type 'BBB.UI.GridViewBase' is not defined.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\pmkp\1a890319\4ff6ca4b\App_Theme_SSR.hnhjrw_ k.0.vb 46

I am out of ideas? Please help

Thank you, ack95