Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GridView header wrap

GridView header wrap

Mark Rae

Hi,

Is there a bug in the GridView control specifically related to wrapping of
header text...?

E.g. the following tag
<asp:GridView HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ID=gvListUsers runat=server ... etc
.... >

does not prevent the header text from wrapping.

Even if I add the following:
<HeaderStyle Wrap="false" />

the header text still wraps...

Is this a known issue? It certainly didn't / doesn't happen with the old
<aspataGrid control.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Mark Rae

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> Is there a bug in the GridView control specifically related to wrapping of
> header text...?
>
> E.g. the following tag
> <asp:GridView HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ID=gvListUsers runat=server ... etc
> ... >
>
> does not prevent the header text from wrapping.
>
> Even if I add the following:
> <HeaderStyle Wrap="false" />
>
> the header text still wraps...
>
> Is this a known issue? It certainly didn't / doesn't happen with the old
> <aspataGrid control.
>
> Any assistance gratefully received.
>
> Mark

Anyone got any thoughts about this - it's driving me crazy!

Mark Rae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Anyone got any thoughts about this - it's driving me crazy!

Finally figured it out, with the help of this webpage:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Prog..._21705273.html

Basically, if a GridView is contained within a panel (or anything which
renders as a DIV), any CSS applied to the containing object overrides the
GridView's formatting settings...