Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Site-to-site VPN with NAT

Site-to-site VPN with NAT

jhgraves@ddi-wans.com

Can I construct a site-to-site VPN between 2 PIX 501's and use a natted
network between the sites? Is this possible with ver 6.x software or
do I need ver7.x?

JHG

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Can I construct a site-to-site VPN between 2 PIX 501's and use a natted
>network between the sites?

Yes.

>Is this possible with ver 6.x software or
>do I need ver7.x?

If the network uses one-to-one NAT, then you can do it
using any release supported on the 501.

If the network uses PAT (Port Address Translation) then you need
PIX 6.3 and you need "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

BTW, PIX 7.x is not supported on the 501 and likely will never be.

sampark

Adding to Walter's reply:

Configure the pixes normally, Then configure VPN normally without using
the NAT. If that is working. Configure NAT. Remember to use the natted
addresses in the crypto acl.

-Vikas

ani John ani John is offline
Junior Member

This is Ani John

Can somebody help me to do a site to site VPN with NAT, both ends nat should be applied. after my configuration I can see the tunnel is establishing but I am not able to ping between the host still I can ping the peer gateway.

this VPN is between ASA 5510 and PIX515 E with both end public IP hosts

Can somebody help me in this

Regards

Ani John