Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > sharing files and printers

sharing files and printers

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhczYzOA==?=

Hello,
I have a desktop (WinXP Pro)that's directly connected to the wirelss router
and a laptop (Win XP Media) that is wireless. I had no problem setting them
up to access the router, my DSL modem and the internet. I can't find
information that will allow me to share files and printers from the wireless
laptop to the wired desktop that the printers are connected to and I would
like to share files back and forth. Is there a site or instructions on how to
set this network up?
Thanks,
chas638

Malke

chas638 wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a desktop (WinXP Pro)that's directly connected to the wirelss
> router and a laptop (Win XP Media) that is wireless. I had no problem
> setting them up to access the router, my DSL modem and the internet. I
> can't find information that will allow me to share files and printers
> from the wireless laptop to the wired desktop that the printers are
> connected to and I would like to share files back and forth. Is there
> a site or instructions on how to set this network up?
> Thanks,
> chas638

Please see my rather detailed answer to your first post. Please do not
make a new post for the same question only a few minutes apart (3
minutes in your case). Wait at least 24 hours. Any questions should be
posted to your original thread.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24gS2VlbmU=?=

An easy way to set it up is just to run the Network Setup Wizard at:

Start > [All] Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network Setup Wizard

You've obviously already done most of that set up, but just go through that
wizard anyway. Later it'll ask if you want to enable file and printer
sharing. After you do, you'll be all set to just:

Right-click on any folder or printer (within the printers folder in Control
Panel) and adjust the Sharing information.

Windows XP's help center has more details. Just open up Start > Help and
Support, and type Share Printer or Share Files in the search box at the top.

Shawn

"chas638" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a desktop (WinXP Pro)that's directly connected to the wirelss router
> and a laptop (Win XP Media) that is wireless. I had no problem setting them
> up to access the router, my DSL modem and the internet. I can't find
> information that will allow me to share files and printers from the wireless
> laptop to the wired desktop that the printers are connected to and I would
> like to share files back and forth. Is there a site or instructions on how to
> set this network up?
> Thanks,
> chas638

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhczYzOA==?=

Hello,
I'm sorry about the mutible posts. The first one I forgot to check notify me
of replies. I won't make that mistake again.
Thank you,
chas638