Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Stuck in Safe Mode

Stuck in Safe Mode

miragelio miragelio is offline
Junior Member

Hi!

My Firefox program is stuck in safe mode. Please advise on
how to disable the safe mode.

My system configuration is:Windows XP Home Edition
Firefox v 1.5.0.3

I have tried the following:
A) Un-installed and then installed Firefox
B) Ran basic registry scan and fixes with Norton System
Works and CrapCleaner.
C) Upon running Firefox, a window comes up asking to
reactivate the original settings and to make Firefox the
default browser with th option to restart. I accepted, but
this did not work either.

Please advise.
Thanks.

miragelio miragelio is offline
Junior Member

Please disregard prior post!
I was able to solve the problem .... took me four hours!
Thanks!!

Ann G Ann G is offline
Junior Member

Don't abandon us without posting your solution to the Firefox Safe Mode problem. I'm still stuck in it and have no ideas other than those that failed Jr. Member. I tried the msconfig step: it says I'm in normal mode but I continue to get the Safe Mode alert.