Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Memory Question???

Memory Question???

Tom C.

Is there an online site that will tell me how many pictures I can get on a
Compact Flash Memory Card at different resolution settings?

i.e.: Looking to buy a Olympus 5060 5.1MP camera and I'd like to know how
many pics I can get on a 512mb card and a 1 gig card at different settings.

Thanks-

nellybly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tom C.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there an online site that will tell me how many pictures I can get on a
> Compact Flash Memory Card at different resolution settings?
>
> i.e.: Looking to buy a Olympus 5060 5.1MP camera and I'd like to know how
> many pics I can get on a 512mb card and a 1 gig card at different settings.
>
> Thanks-

Olympus C5050 5.0MP
512MB Sandisk Ultra II

RAW -68
TIFF-34
SHQ-139
HQ-411
SQ1-1024
SQ2-5208

That should give you a rough idea.
HTH,
NB

dwight

"nellybly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:130820041646239011%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tom C.
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Is there an online site that will tell me how many pictures I can get on

> > Compact Flash Memory Card at different resolution settings?
> >
> > i.e.: Looking to buy a Olympus 5060 5.1MP camera and I'd like to know

how
> > many pics I can get on a 512mb card and a 1 gig card at different

settings.

> > Thanks-

> Olympus C5050 5.0MP
> 512MB Sandisk Ultra II
>
> RAW -68
> TIFF-34
> SHQ-139
> HQ-411
> SQ1-1024
> SQ2-5208
>
> That should give you a rough idea.
> HTH,
> NB

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...oduct=936&fl=8

Most manufacturer websites offer manuals as downloads. Here's a link to the
manuals for the C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus.

dwight