Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 6x17 ilm scanner

6x17 ilm scanner

Tomas

Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?
Thanks Tomas

Bill Hilton

>From: "Tomas" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
>scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?

I know a guy who uses a Nikon 8000, which has a strip holder that will hold a
6x17. It only scans 6x9 but he just scans the 6x17 in two parts and joins them
in Photoshop. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.

No One

Epson 4870 or whatever that one is will do a great job. You may need to make
a holder. My 1680 will scan 6-17 no problem.

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "Tomas" (E-Mail Removed)

> >Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
> >scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?

> I know a guy who uses a Nikon 8000, which has a strip holder that will

hold a
> 6x17. It only scans 6x9 but he just scans the 6x17 in two parts and joins

them
> in Photoshop. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.

Robert Feinman

In article <cfir5j$5lk$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
> scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?
> Thanks Tomas

Get the Epson 4870 and the third-party film holder
from Doug Fisher.
Here is a link to a review:
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%
204870/DF_holder/MF.htm

(You will have to paste the above two lines into one string)
--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com