Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Online camera and accessories store recomendations ?

Reply
Thread Tools

Online camera and accessories store recomendations ?

 
 
MonsterTower
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with FotoConnection
today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm going
to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where people
find these at good prices with good support.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul J Gans
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
MonsterTower <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with FotoConnection
>today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm going
>to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where people
>find these at good prices with good support.


B and H in New York. See

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

I suspect that many folks here will tell you the same thing.

----- Paul J. Gans
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MonsterTower
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
Thanks, great prices at B&H, and I'll definatly be ordering some accessories
from them. What have others found buying from www.FotoConnection.com ?
Amazing low prices, is it a "too good to be true" thing or I did I just get
a sales shark from an otherwise good company? I searched the usegroups and
search engines and could find no customer comments?


"Paul J Gans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfhd3c$84f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MonsterTower <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with

FotoConnection
> >today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm

going
> >to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where

people
> >find these at good prices with good support.

>
> B and H in New York. See
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
>
> I suspect that many folks here will tell you the same thing.
>
> ----- Paul J. Gans



 
Reply With Quote
 
PTRAVEL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3471.html

Stick with B&H -- you can't go wrong with them.


"MonsterTower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d3XSc.1478$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, great prices at B&H, and I'll definatly be ordering some

accessories
> from them. What have others found buying from www.FotoConnection.com ?
> Amazing low prices, is it a "too good to be true" thing or I did I just

get
> a sales shark from an otherwise good company? I searched the usegroups

and
> search engines and could find no customer comments?
>
>
> "Paul J Gans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cfhd3c$84f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MonsterTower <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with

> FotoConnection
> > >today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm

> going
> > >to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where

> people
> > >find these at good prices with good support.

> >
> > B and H in New York. See
> >
> > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
> >
> > I suspect that many folks here will tell you the same thing.
> >
> > ----- Paul J. Gans

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony Spadaro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-13-2004
Stop dealing with the crooks and the losers.
http://www.adoramacamera.com
good prices, honest and they won't try to push Quantary crap on you.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/links/mlinks00.html
A sample chapter from my novel "Haight-Ashbury" is at
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com/writ/hait/hatitl.html
"MonsterTower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yEWSc.1081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with FotoConnection
> today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm

going
> to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where people
> find these at good prices with good support.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
schuetzen - RKBA!
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-14-2004
MonsterTower wrote:

>I had a real bad (bait & switch, lies, etc) experience with FotoConnection
>today but ended up finally getting a D70 coming my way from Wolf. I'm going
>to need a lens or two, batteries, etc soon and wanted to know where people
>find these at good prices with good support.
>


I have bought almost everything from Canoga in CA. really supportive people who
take the time to explain why something will or will not work with my dRebel and
so on. have exchanged stuff for me. have found stuff for me (some sort of a
waiting/search list with my email address on it. with a 15 day timer on it to
check to see if I still want it...). you just cannot beat Canoga but... I have
certainly bought a LOT of accessories from B+H!!!

fwiw
--
chas
The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canon-dslr/join

....
 
Reply With Quote
 
BandHPhoto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-15-2004
<I have certainly bought a LOT of accessories from B+H!!!>

Thank you.
- --

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying camera accessories in Australia, Singapore and Thailand No Further Action Digital Photography 6 10-01-2004 07:09 AM
Where can I find a reliable store with really good prices on a Sony Vx2100 plus accessories? francisco dania DVD Video 1 08-11-2004 02:09 PM
FA: *New* Casio QV-4000 Digital Camera *LOADED* With Accessories! GD Digital Photography 0 06-18-2004 02:53 AM
Digital Camera Accessories in the UK Mike O'Sullivan Digital Photography 6 10-13-2003 05:17 PM



Advertisments