Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to Preserve Original Image Dates when Transferring to CD

How to Preserve Original Image Dates when Transferring to CD

frank1492

When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
of transfer.)
How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
to the CD?
Thanks very much.
Frank
P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

Matt Ion

Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.

from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein

"frank1492" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
> preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
> of transfer.)
> How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
> to the CD?
> Thanks very much.
> Frank
> P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

GlennT Dulmage

Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
the time,e will be 5 hours different).
--
Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road

"frank1492" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
> preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
> of transfer.)
> How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
> to the CD?
> Thanks very much.
> Frank
> P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

frank1492

I am sorry I am not understanding. Is this in the Roxio CD Writer
program?

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:45:12 GMT, "GlennT Dulmage"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
>Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
>the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
>the time,e will be 5 hours different).

Ed Ruf

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:23:37 GMT, in rec.photo.digital frank1492
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am sorry I am not understanding. Is this in the Roxio CD Writer
>program?

No, in Windows Explorer when you've set it to show Details under View. Then
follow his directions to choose what exact details you want listed.
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Olin K. McDaniel

Very interesting. I've used Nero for several years, without thinking
of this feature. And always assumed it retained the original date,
but had never checked before. Now, upon checking, I find that the
default choice must be to do so. At least all the CD's I've burned to
back up my images does have them dated as they were on the HD
initially.

Olin McDaniel

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:23:54 GMT, "Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.
>

>"frank1492" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
>> preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
>> of transfer.)
>> How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
>> to the CD?
>> Thanks very much.
>> Frank
>> P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

schuetzen - RKBA!

GlennT Dulmage wrote:

>Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
>Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
>the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
>the time,e will be 5 hours different).

in what software? we are talking at least three different here.
thanks

--
chas
The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

Paul Bartram

> "Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred to the

CD?

If you're using a digital camera that supports Exif, the 'Date / Time
Original' will be retained with the original camera file. I keep all my
originals in a separate folder (always a good idea anyway - you never know
when you might want to try something different in your editor). This
information can then be read in ACDSee or most other photo browsers.

Paul

Paul Bartram

"Paul Bartram" <p.bartram AT OR NEAR optusnet.com> wrote

> If you're using a digital camera that supports Exif, the 'Date / Time
> Original' will be retained with the original camera file. I keep all my
> originals in a separate folder (always a good idea anyway - you never know
> when you might want to try something different in your editor). This
> information can then be read in ACDSee or most other photo browsers.

Oops, just re-read the original question, which refers to CD transfers. I
guess the above advice would only help if you a) checked back with your
originals on the HD or b) transferred the originals to CD (depending on the
size of the files, practical or not so...)

Paul

Dates dates dates dates... SQL and ASP.NET David Lozzi ASP .Net 1 09-30-2005 02:18 PM
Server.Transfer only preserve the original url for 1 hop Ryu ASP .Net 2 08-12-2004 03:14 PM
Dates! Dates! Dates! PW ASP General 4 08-09-2004 04:42 PM
FileUtils - :preserve does not preserve mtime of directories on Windoze Grzegorz Chrupala Ruby 2 06-30-2003 07:38 AM

Advertisments