Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which camera should I buy?

Which camera should I buy?

Moori Hydrose

Hi folks,
I am posting this message to get help from you experienced guys in
deciding which digital camera i should buy. I am planning to get a 5
MP camera and am ready to spend about 400 USD. I am just very much
confused by the various options that i have.. and am not able to
decide on a particular brand.
Please suggest me the best one for the price i mentioned.
Thank you
Moori Hydrose

Jimmy G

The Olympus C5060 is a pretty good buy for the $.

Check out "dpreview.com ."

Nick C

"Jimmy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> The Olympus C5060 is a pretty good buy for the $.
>
> Check out "dpreview.com ."

I'll second what Jimmy G said and add the Olympus C5050 which I think may be
more easily found for $400 (or less) that you've allocated towards getting
fairly good digicam. The C5060 is a better camera but the C5050 is also
good.

nick

Wouter Wessels

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Moori Hydrose) wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I am posting this message to get help from you experienced guys in
> deciding which digital camera i should buy. I am planning to get a 5
> MP camera and am ready to spend about 400 USD. I am just very much
> confused by the various options that i have.. and am not able to
> decide on a particular brand.
> Please suggest me the best one for the price i mentioned.
> Thank you
> Moori Hydrose

Depends what you want!
I am very happy with my Canon S60, but you must decide for yourself what
camera is good for you.

You should checkout the following sites:
http://dpreview.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/
http://www.dcresource.com/

Check out the camera reviews, User forums.
On those sites yoy can compare camera's side by side, or even search for
camera's that have the features that you want.

Maybe some advice:
Batteries.
Do you want AA batteries? They are cheaper, maybe you already have a
good charger, in case of emergency you can replace them with any AA you
buy in a local store.
Or do you want propriatary batteries: Expensive, smaller size but
comparable (or even larger) capacity.

Memory cards:
CF is the cheapest. Some people would say that Sony cameras are cheaper,
but if you buy a 512 MB memory stick, or a 512 MB CF card, the cheaper
camera is suddenly the expensive one!

Good luck trying to find the best camera for you!

Wouter

--

Wouter F. Wessels
Gouda, the Netherlands