Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > fading picture edges...how?

fading picture edges...how?

Abby Lee

I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

Bill Hilton

>From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Abby Lee)
>
>I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
>an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

Select the oval with the elliptical marquee tool.

Feather the selection with Select > Feather. Larger the feather the more
gradual the fade.

Select > Inverse

Edit > Fill with white as 'Contents: Use.'

If the fading is too abrupt or too diffuse use History to return to the Select
> Feather step and change the feather amount until you have what suits your

taste.

Bill

David Littlewood

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Abby Lee
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
>an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

1 Create Oval selection

2 Click Quick Mask to mask outside area

3 Apply Gaussian Blur to taste

4 Switch back to Selection mode and invert selection

5 Fill outside area with white (or other colour to taste)

Hope this helps

David
--
David Littlewood

Cool fading website - how is it done? ukrbend HTML 8 12-20-2005 07:39 AM
Need fading image slideshow with thumbnails... Frank McMahon HTML 3 01-28-2005 04:06 AM
Fading away button click on tree node... Michael Java 1 12-23-2003 07:43 AM
Fading colours with CSS bjg HTML 18 12-12-2003 07:48 AM
Fading Frame Contents az bij HTML 6 10-22-2003 11:17 PM

Advertisments