Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Suggestions for Online "Large Prints" Development

Suggestions for Online "Large Prints" Development

Itch

Hi all!

1st time post on google for me. I'm looking for a good web-site in
which to develop digital pics from a 5 megapixel camera. I want to
enlarge some of my pics to a max of 20" x 30" size on a glossy paper.
Does anyone have a suggestion on which site(good one)offers this
service? Many Years ago, I was very much into 35mm photography,
mostly landscapes and I would develop the film into poster prints.
Now with the digital camera and the internet, I'm in un-charted
waters?

Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Regards!

Itch

Prowler99

"Itch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all!
>
> 1st time post on google for me. I'm looking for a good web-site in
> which to develop digital pics from a 5 megapixel camera. I want to
> enlarge some of my pics to a max of 20" x 30" size on a glossy paper.
> Does anyone have a suggestion on which site(good one)offers this
> service? Many Years ago, I was very much into 35mm photography,
> mostly landscapes and I would develop the film into poster prints.
> Now with the digital camera and the internet, I'm in un-charted
> waters?
>
> Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Regards!
>
> Itch

http://www.ofoto.com/

I have had very good results in large print sizes from Ofoto.
Randy

Jeremy Nixon

> I want to enlarge some of my pics to a max of 20" x 30" size on a
> glossy paper. Does anyone have a suggestion on which site(good
> one)offers this service?

Printroom.com does excellent work. Noticeably better than the "big-name"
places, and unlike the others they support ICC color profiles, so if you
work with color management, you can know what you're getting.

--
Jeremy | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Michael Meissner

(E-Mail Removed) (Itch) writes:

> Hi all!
>
> 1st time post on google for me. I'm looking for a good web-site in
> which to develop digital pics from a 5 megapixel camera. I want to
> enlarge some of my pics to a max of 20" x 30" size on a glossy paper.
> Does anyone have a suggestion on which site(good one)offers this
> service? Many Years ago, I was very much into 35mm photography,
> mostly landscapes and I would develop the film into poster prints.
> Now with the digital camera and the internet, I'm in un-charted
> waters?
>
> Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

There are many places. The places I have used that I like include mpix.com,
ezprints.com, shutterfly.com (except for their snapbooks which I did not
like). Places that I did not like include dotphoto.com and pephoto.com.

One place that I've done 16x20 posters and liked is Cheyenne Cloud (though they
don't offer much selection and paying by paypal is a drag):
http://www.stores.ebay.com/cheyennecloud

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)