Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > fast and free 4up prints

fast and free 4up prints

zuuum

Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
or leads appreciated.

Thanks

Tony Spadaro

You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use of
layers.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"zuuum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q97Sc.24842$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
> landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
> have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any

help
> or leads appreciated.
>
> Thanks

zuuum

"Tony Spadaro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Vl7Sc.246475$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...
> You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

of
> layers.

Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

Gene Palmiter

my printer driver software does this....HP 722c....are you sure yours does
not?
Might be part of WinXP. Photoshop has the thumbnailing....bit more haste and
hard to size.

"zuuum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsa8Sc.25107$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tony Spadaro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Vl7Sc.246475$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...
> > You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

> of
> > layers.
> >

> Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
> question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
> reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
> 300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files

> am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

Michael Meissner

"zuuum" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Tony Spadaro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Vl7Sc.246475$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...
> > You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

> of
> > layers.
> >

> Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
> question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
> reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
> 300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
> am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

It is not free, but I recall the price was fairly cheap (and there is a free
trial period, but I don't think you can do all 350 files in one shot without
buying the license), but I believe Qimage does this:

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

Note, I don't use Qimage myself since I normally use Linux instead of Windows,
but a lot of people like it. Under Linux, I would use ImageMagick's montage
command. ImageMagick is free software, and its web site is (a Windows port
should be available):

http://www.imagemagick.org/

I would use the command (in command line mode):

montage -tile 2x2 -geometry 1600x1200 -bordercolor black -borderwidth 10 /input/*.jpg /output/foo.jpg

Where /input is the input directory with the 350 files, and /output is where
you want the outputs. Montage will make foo.jpg.1, foo.jpg.2, etc. You may
have to rename these later if windows needs the .jpg extension. You might have
to break up the files to a smaller number if 350 files is too large for your
command line interpreter.

--
Michael Meissner
http://www.the-meissners.org

Blade Runner

This could be late.
The software comes with Canon i560 can do what you want.
The honest way is to buy a i560 and use it.
The other way is to return it back to Walmart/Target/Fry's and FORGOT to
uninstall the software.
You can also search Canon web site to see if you can download it for FREE.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:59:28 GMT, "zuuum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

=>Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
=>landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
=>have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
=>or leads appreciated.
=>
=>Thanks
=>