Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > canon a70 timestamp

canon a70 timestamp

Kelly Sieben

We have a Canon A70 and really enjoy it.

One thing I don't like tho is the fact that after I download the pictures
to my computer (into .jpg format), the date/timestamp info is no longer
displayed on the picture itself.

When I browse the pictures in Windows Explorer (i have WinXP Pro), and I
hover the mouse cursor over the picture, the date/time info is there (some
sort of metadata I guess), but when I view the picture, I don't see it.

Is there a program or something that would allow me to embed the date on my
..jpg (in the bottom right corner, for example). This would be a boon when
I burn these pics to VCD for viewing on my DVD player.

Or am I outta luck?

Thanks for any help,
-- kelly

Gerapa

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:36:58 GMT, Kelly Sieben
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a program or something that would allow me to embed the date on my
>.jpg (in the bottom right corner, for example). This would be a boon when
>I burn these pics to VCD for viewing on my DVD player.

Hi Kelly,

No, if i understand well your question, the A70 cannot do that by
itself. You must use a picture editor to add manually (or maybe
something more automatic exists, but i don't know). I'd try with Paint
Shop Pro, Photoshop, or the freeware Photofiltre
(http://www.photofiltre.com/) if you have'nt one of them.

Gerapa.