Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70 EXIF problems

D70 EXIF problems

DR

My D70 is tagging the ExposureProgram field of the EXIF with 'Not defined'
in Automatic mode and as 'Normal' in Program Exposure mode.

The pre-defined exposure modes (macro, sports, etc) come up as undefined as
well.. The only ones that really come up as accurate are Manual, Aperture
Priority and Shutter Priority.

Is this normal or is this a potential issue with the camera? I can still
return the camera to the store since it is less than < 30 days.

Anyone know if the camera is acting correctly? I am reading the EXIFs using
PS 7.0 BTW

Apteryx

"DR" <danilo[@]cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message
news:cf8581$3ol$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My D70 is tagging the ExposureProgram field of the EXIF with 'Not

defined'
> in Automatic mode and as 'Normal' in Program Exposure mode.
>
> The pre-defined exposure modes (macro, sports, etc) come up as

undefined as
> well.. The only ones that really come up as accurate are Manual,

Aperture
> Priority and Shutter Priority.
>
> Is this normal or is this a potential issue with the camera? I can

still
> return the camera to the store since it is less than < 30 days.
>
> Anyone know if the camera is acting correctly? I am reading the EXIFs

using
> PS 7.0 BTW

Have you tried reading the info via Nikon proprietory software (even
including the Picture Project that comes with the camera)? That ought
to tell you whether the problem is with your camera or is a partial
incompatibility issue with your PS. I don't have any version of PS, but
if I read my D70 EXIF info in either Picture Project or Nikon View, it
correctly identifies pictures taken in Auto mode ("Digital Vari-Program:
Auto") or Program Exposure mode ("Exposure Mode: Programmed Auto").

--
Apteryx
Treat anger like gold. Spend it wisely or not at all.