Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mavica CD1000 USB Driver Error/Windows 2000

Mavica CD1000 USB Driver Error/Windows 2000

Tara Garard

I am trying to install the Mavica CD1000 USB driver for Windows 2000
and keep getting the error "Error 28 - Driver not installed", in the
device manager. The Hardware wizard sees the camera correctly, and I
have followed the instructions from Sony to the letter (several times
over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott Peterson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tara Garard) wrote:

>I am trying to install the Mavica CD1000 USB driver for Windows 2000
>and keep getting the error "Error 28 - Driver not installed", in the
>device manager. The Hardware wizard sees the camera correctly, and I
>have followed the instructions from Sony to the letter (several times
>over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
>their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
>Thanks in advance for any help.

Often with USB devices the drivers need to be installed before you
plug in the device. I'd try that and then see what happens.

Scott Peterson

--
If people think nature is their friend,
then they sure don't need an enemy.

389/586

Tara Garard

Scott Peterson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Tara Garard) wrote:
>
> >I am trying to install the Mavica CD1000 USB driver for Windows 2000
> >and keep getting the error "Error 28 - Driver not installed", in the
> >device manager. The Hardware wizard sees the camera correctly, and I
> >have followed the instructions from Sony to the letter (several times
> >over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
> >their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
> >Thanks in advance for any help.

> Often with USB devices the drivers need to be installed before you
> plug in the device. I'd try that and then see what happens.
>
> Scott Peterson

Thanks for the reply - I actually had tried that several times and it
did no good. What finally worked was to let the hardware wizard run
after installing the driver, and instead of pointing to the .inf file,
chose "Select from a list of devices". Then I selected "Imaging
Devices", and the Sony DSC was listed there. It is working fine now.