Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson Perfection 3170

Epson Perfection 3170

LaZerdude

Hi,
I am looking for a scanner that I can use for an engraving business to
get customers business cards, logos and images into my computer as well as
possibly scanning photographs for engraving.
The Epson Perfection 3170 keeps coming up. HP has also been suggested.
Does anyone have any experience with the Perfection 3170 or an HP
equivalent?
I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.

LaZerdude

Gene Palmiter

I have it's big brother the 3200 and have no complaints. I checked the specs
to be sure it had the USB2 connection. Much Much Much faster than
USB1....that is the only thing I would insist on for your use...time is
money. Yours is not a real tough application.

"LaZerdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am looking for a scanner that I can use for an engraving business to
> get customers business cards, logos and images into my computer as well as
> possibly scanning photographs for engraving.
> The Epson Perfection 3170 keeps coming up. HP has also been suggested.
> Does anyone have any experience with the Perfection 3170 or an HP
> equivalent?
> I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.
>
> LaZerdude

LaZerdude

Thank you.

"Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have it's big brother the 3200 and have no complaints. I checked the

specs
> to be sure it had the USB2 connection. Much Much Much faster than
> USB1....that is the only thing I would insist on for your use...time is
> money. Yours is not a real tough application.
>
> "LaZerdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I am looking for a scanner that I can use for an engraving business

> > get customers business cards, logos and images into my computer as well

as
> > possibly scanning photographs for engraving.
> > The Epson Perfection 3170 keeps coming up. HP has also been

suggested.
> > Does anyone have any experience with the Perfection 3170 or an HP
> > equivalent?
> > I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.
> >
> > LaZerdude

Chuck22

"LaZerdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Thank you.
>
> "Gene Palmiter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I have it's big brother the 3200 and have no complaints. I checked the

> specs
> > to be sure it had the USB2 connection. Much Much Much faster than
> > USB1....that is the only thing I would insist on for your use...time is
> > money. Yours is not a real tough application.
> >
> > "LaZerdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > > I am looking for a scanner that I can use for an engraving business

> > > get customers business cards, logos and images into my computer as well

> as
> > > possibly scanning photographs for engraving.
> > > The Epson Perfection 3170 keeps coming up. HP has also been

> suggested.
> > > Does anyone have any experience with the Perfection 3170 or an HP
> > > equivalent?
> > > I look forward to your suggestions and input Thank you.
> > >
> > > LaZerdude

The 3170 with its 3200 x 6400 dpi resolution will definitely do what
you need. I am very pleased with my 3170. The main difference between
it and its "big brother" the 3200 is that the 3200 will scan 4x5
tranparencies, but the 3170 is limited to 35mm (or 2.25 x 2.25)
transparencies, thus the 3170 costs a bit less than the 3200. That's
all. I've successfully scanned many slides as well at much reflected
copy -- really works well with great results.
HTH

LaZerdude

Chuck 22,
Thanks for your input. I actually bought one today because everything I
researched pointed to it as being the best one for my use. When I get it up
and running, I will post here.
Thanks again for your input.

LaZerdude
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...