Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon LS 50 scanner problem

Nikon LS 50 scanner problem

Alfred Molon

My brother scanned some slides with this scanner, obtaining very blurred
results. Here is one example:

http://www.ddde.de/F21_35.jpg

The shot was taken with a Minolta SLR and a Tamron 28-200 lens. While it
is possible that the lens is not too sharp or that there is some motion
blur, somebody suggested that the scanner didn't focus properly.

Is anybody else using this scanner, perhaps with better results ? Do you
use manual focus or autofocus ? How did you set up the scanner ?
--

Alfred Molon

Crownfield

Alfred Molon wrote:

> My brother scanned some slides with this scanner, obtaining very blurred
> results. Here is one example:
>
> http://www.ddde.de/F21_35.jpg
>
> The shot was taken with a Minolta SLR and a Tamron 28-200 lens. While it
> is possible that the lens is not too sharp or that there is some motion
> blur, somebody suggested that the scanner didn't focus properly.

i do not see any film grain,
so the scanner focus is a good place to look.