Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help! Need...

Help! Need...

Matt Ion

I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.

Anyone have a download source for this stuff?

from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein

Dave

When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to either
call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know if
there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.

"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
> Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
> updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
>
> Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
>
> --
> "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which

differ
> from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
> incapable of forming such opinions."
> -- Albert Einstein

John McWilliams

Dave wrote:
> When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
> post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to either
> call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know if
> there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
>
> "Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
>>Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
>>updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
>>
>>Anyone have a download source for this stuff?

What is it you need to do? Canon's RAW converter really creeps on this
old Mac, (dual 500 G-4) but PS CS handles it well. I don't think Canon
has any software for the Mac that PS doesn't handle better.

--
John McWilliams

Marvin Margoshes

"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need the
> Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website is
> updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
>
> Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
>
> --
> "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which

differ
> from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
> incapable of forming such opinions."
> -- Albert Einstein

The upgrades on the Web sites of most digital equipment makers are full
drivers that replace the old ones. I don't know if Canon is offering the
complete drivers or patches; perhaps someone else can tell you. It doesn't
hurt the maker to let anyone have drivers, because they don't work without
the gear they are selling.

Matt Ion

"John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Dave wrote:
> > When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does not
> > post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to

either
> > call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know

if
> > there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
> >
> > "Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> >>I can't find the bundled CDs that came with my Digital Rebel. I need

the
> >>Mac drivers and software for it, but all they have on the Canon website

is
> >>updaters for the bundled software, which doesn't do me much good.
> >>
> >>Anyone have a download source for this stuff?
> >>

> What is it you need to do?

I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer. Until I
can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.

3dog

> "John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Dave wrote:
> > > When I have gone looking for such stuff, it is clear that Canon does

not
> > > post the original version, only the upgrades. So you will have to

> either
> > > call Canon or somehow find someone with the original disk. Don't know

> if
> > > there are any websites that post what I suspect are illegal copies.
> > >
> > > "Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> the

website
> is

> > What is it you need to do?

> I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer. Until

> can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.

How about a card reader?

Matt Ion

"3dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Matt Ion <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> not

> > either

know
> > if

need
> > the

> website
> > is

> > > What is it you need to do?

> > I need to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer.

Until
> > can do that, how I process them is irrelevant.
> >

> How about a card reader?

How about WITHOUT buying more gear?

Pay attention to the original post:
* Canon has provided drivers and software for MacOS X to transfer pictures
directly from the camera.
* I have misplaced my original bundled CDs.
* Canon's site appears to have only updaters for the bundled apps, and not
the originals.
* I am looking for another source for the original bundled software.
* Buying more hardware is NOT a solution.