Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printing photos with white borders

Printing photos with white borders

Dory

I love photos that have a narrow white border around it.

Currently, I print my photos using 4x6 (4R) premium glossy photo paper
sheets.
I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
white borders on 4R photo paper.

Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.

Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
the shooting date at the side.

I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

Appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.

Dory

Roland Karlsson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dory) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
> PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
> most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
> white borders on 4R photo paper.
>
> Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
> print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
> would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
>
> Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
> the shooting date at the side.
>
> I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
> editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

You can use the printing software Qimage to do this.

The only difference to your specification is that you will get
name plus size, date and time from the EXIF info, not only date.

I always use Qimage to print - it is very convenient.

/Roland

Bob Headrick

"Dory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I love photos that have a narrow white border around it.
>
> Currently, I print my photos using 4x6 (4R) premium glossy photo paper
> sheets.
> I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
> PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
> most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
> white borders on 4R photo paper.
>
> Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
> print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
> would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
>
> Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
> the shooting date at the side.

You might check out Photo Paper Saver, I think it will do what you want
including printing the date. There is a shareware version available from:
http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/27/2782.htm or search for "Photo Paper Saver"
in Google.

The shareware version only lets you print two pages at a time but registration
is $20 for the full features. You can put user definable borders of whatever
size you want in any color (including white) and also print various optional
information on the photo in user selected font type, size and color. I find it
useful for printing multiple prints on A size paper as it will lay out the
prints to optimize paper usage.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

E. Barry Bruyea

On 6 Aug 2004 14:07:08 GMT, Roland Karlsson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Dory) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com:
>
>> I own an Epson Stylus Photo R210 and the supplied software Epson
>> PhotoQuicker 3.5 prints them borderless. The supplied software met
>> most of my printing needs except its inability to print photos with
>> white borders on 4R photo paper.
>>
>> Would like to know if there is any software out there that is able to
>> print 4R photos with a white border around it using 4R photo paper? It
>> would also be nice if I am able to control the width of the border.
>>
>> Another nice feature that the software should have would be to display
>> the shooting date at the side.
>>
>> I need to print out many photos so solutions like using imaging
>> editing software to add white borders would not be ideal for me.

>You can use the printing software Qimage to do this.
>
>The only difference to your specification is that you will get
>name plus size, date and time from the EXIF info, not only date.
>
>I always use Qimage to print - it is very convenient.
>

>/Roland

If you have any software that will let you adjust 'Canvass Size' this
can be used to get your white border. I use 'Photoshop' to accomplish
this quite easily.