Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dimage Z3 Compensate for Dead, Hot, or Stuck Pixels?

Dimage Z3 Compensate for Dead, Hot, or Stuck Pixels?

William Boehnke

I'm considering buying a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3. Does it have any
method for compensating for dead, hot, or stuck pixels? If so, how
well does it work.

Thanks in advance,

Willy

Bill Haywood

"William Boehnke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm considering buying a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3. Does it have any
> method for compensating for dead, hot, or stuck pixels? If so, how
> well does it work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Willy

Minolta has owners manuals available for download on their site.

William Boehnke

"Bill Haywood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<MbMQc.7946$Yf6.2205@lakeread03>...
> "William Boehnke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I'm considering buying a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3. Does it have any
> > method for compensating for dead, hot, or stuck pixels? If so, how
> > well does it work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Willy

> Minolta has owners manuals available for download on their site.

Does anyone know where to download a Z3 manual? The KM/Z3 page
http://konicaminolta.com/products/co.../index_nf.html
(as well as most of the rest of the KM site) doesn't have a link on
the "download" button.

gmr2048

Google is your friend:

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...3_E_Manual.pdf

-gary
gmr2048 at yahoo dot com
Washington DC, USA
http://www.eighteenpercent.net

On 9 Aug 2004 11:25:09 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (William Boehnke)
wrote:

>"Bill Haywood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<MbMQc.7946$Yf6.2205@lakeread03>...
>> "William Boehnke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> > I'm considering buying a Konica Minolta Dimage Z3. Does it have any
>> > method for compensating for dead, hot, or stuck pixels? If so, how
>> > well does it work.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Willy

>> Minolta has owners manuals available for download on their site.

>Does anyone know where to download a Z3 manual? The KM/Z3 page
>http://konicaminolta.com/products/co.../index_nf.html
>(as well as most of the rest of the KM site) doesn't have a link on
>the "download" button.

William Boehnke

Thanks for the link. I received the following reply (pasted below)
from KM confirming the lack of pixel mapping in the Z3. This may
cause me to drop the Z3 from consideration. Anybody care to weigh in
on the necessity of pixel mapping?

What are the comparable models that do have pixel mapping?

Thanks again,

Willy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

From: "Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A. Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)>
To: (E-Mail Removed)
Subject: Konica Minolta's INTERACTIVE Q&A
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:40:52 -0400

Dear Customer,
Question is : Does the Z3 have a pixel mapping feature? If not, how is
it recommended to compensate for inevitable dead/hot/stuck pixels?

Answer is : The Dimage Z3 does not have a pixel mapping feature.

***This mailbox is for outgoing correspondence only.
We're sorry but responses to this email will not be answered.
However, if you have further questions, please click here
or return to the http://www.minoltausa.com site, choose Cameras +
Accessories, Support, Interactive Q&A.
Thank you.

gmr2048 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Google is your friend:
>
> http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...3_E_Manual.pdf
>
> -gary
> gmr2048 at yahoo dot com
> Washington DC, USA
> http://www.eighteenpercent.net

angryofmayfair

> What are the comparable models that do have pixel mapping?

When they say it doesn't have pixel mapping do they mean for the end user or
not at all, even for their service people?
The only cams I know of that have end-user pixel mapping as a feature are
the Olympus C7xx series and possibly other Olympus cams...
There is conjecture that the Minolta A1/A2 models have an auto update pixel
mapping routine once per month.
I have to agree that it is an important feature - one of the reasons that I
bought my Oly C770. OTOH now that I have seen no need to use it so far I
think I might be persuaded to exchange the pixel mapping feature of the 770
for the image stabiliser of the Z3 - much more useful IMHO...
Sigh - I don't think there will ever be a perfect camera for me - there's
always plusses & minuses...