Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > identify camera

identify camera

Vinylmixer

Hi

This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos by
numbers eg 12345.jpg
it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.

I think the canons use IMG_0000.jpg and some use DSC_0000.jpg or something
like that.

Does a certain model use just plain numbers.

TIA

--
If he is so smart, how come he is dead? - Homer Simpson

Dr Fish

"Vinylmixer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XpxQc.655$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos

by
> numbers eg 12345.jpg
> it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.

Look at the exif data, you should get it from there - provided it has been
recorded.

AJM

Vinylmixer

I dont have the data, its only the number at the back of a developed photo.
It has put the name of the image on the back.

It was from a guys camera at a wedding and the photos are amazing, i saw him
with the DSLR but never got a chance to find out what it was

If he is so smart, how come he is dead? - Homer Simpson
"Dr Fish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4112ab37$0$2923$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Vinylmixer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XpxQc.655$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos

> by
> > numbers eg 12345.jpg
> > it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.

> Look at the exif data, you should get it from there - provided it has been
> recorded.
>
> AJM

Wouter Wessels

In article <XpxQc.655$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Vinylmixer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos by
> numbers eg 12345.jpg
> it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.
>
> I think the canons use IMG_0000.jpg and some use DSC_0000.jpg or something
> like that.
>
> Does a certain model use just plain numbers.
>
> TIA

Canon uses IMG_0000.jpg or 123_1234.jpg. The latter is used when you use
the Canon software to get the photo's from the camera (I believe). But I
never installed any of their software; the camera works fine without it.

The DSC_0000.jpg is Sony.

Minolta uses PICT0000.jpg

That is all I know ...

Wouter

--

Wouter F. Wessels
Gouda, the Netherlands

kashe@sonic.net

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:51:59 +0200, Wouter Wessels
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <XpxQc.655$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Vinylmixer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos by
>> numbers eg 12345.jpg
>> it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.
>>
>> I think the canons use IMG_0000.jpg and some use DSC_0000.jpg or something
>> like that.
>>
>> Does a certain model use just plain numbers.
>>
>> TIA

>Canon uses IMG_0000.jpg or 123_1234.jpg. The latter is used when you use
>the Canon software to get the photo's from the camera (I believe). But I
>never installed any of their software; the camera works fine without it.
>
>The DSC_0000.jpg is Sony.
>
>Minolta uses PICT0000.jpg
>
>That is all I know ...
>
>Wouter

Not sure as I can't find the CD a friend sent me, but I
believe the format you describe came from his new HP camera.