Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony HDD Photo Storage HDPS-M1

Sony HDD Photo Storage HDPS-M1

Fuzzy Logic

This looks like a great little device:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html

Sabineellen

>This looks like a great little device:
>
>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html

It's expensive, big, and has a short battery life (1 hours). It takes memory
stick that i don't care about, and not SD cards.

Fuzzy Logic

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Sabineellen) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>This looks like a great little device:
>>
>>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html

> It's expensive, big, and has a short battery life (1 hours). It takes
> memory stick that i don't care about, and not SD cards.

Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

Sabineellen

>Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
>minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
>unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

Vosonic. At least with those you can change the hard drive and use many other
cards.

Michael Meissner

(E-Mail Removed) (Sabineellen) writes:

> >Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
> >minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
> >unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

> Vosonic. At least with those you can change the hard drive and use many other
> cards.

Though as a Vosonic user (x-drive II), the battery life is not all that great,
and it takes twice as long to copy my media files as my previous portable
storage unit (Image Bank). On the other hand, when I bought it (without a disk
drive), it was fairly cheap, and it now works with Linux....

A new unit that is just starting to hit the stores is the CompactDrive that
takes 4 AA batteries, can transfer ~ 25 gigs before the batteries run out, and
transfer speed is very fast, on the order of 1 gigabyte card in 3 minutes. I
believe mydigitaldiscount.com may have them in.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Sabineellen

>A new unit that is just starting to hit the stores is the CompactDrive that
>takes 4 AA batteries, can transfer ~ 25 gigs before the batteries run out,
>and
>transfer speed is very fast, on the order of 1 gigabyte card in 3 minutes. I
>believe mydigitaldiscount.com may have them in.

What an awesome looking device. I really want this one. I'm a sucker for
devices that use AA batteries. This will most likely be my next purchase if I
need to travel with a camera or something.

Blade Runner

This is another different approach to solve the same problem.

<http://www.addonics.com/products/mfr/aemfr842d.asp>

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:22:06 GMT, Fuzzy Logic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

=>This looks like a great little device:
=>
=>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html