Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > battery life on Canon D60

battery life on Canon D60

advid

.... I've recently purchased (couple of weeks ago) a second hand Canon
D60... really pleased with it.... however the original Canon BP 511
battery when fully charged goes to half in just a few shots... I take
it out put in back in and it shows full again - another couple of
shots and it goes to half - sometimes it shows totally empty and won't
allow any further shots to be taken.
Take it out put it back in and it shows full again .....

Is this a worn out battery problem (bearing in mind thats its probably
2 years old) ??

OR

is it something more serious perhaps with the camera.... ????

Dave Herzstein

advid wrote:

> ... I've recently purchased (couple of weeks ago) a second hand Canon
> D60... really pleased with it.... however the original Canon BP 511
> battery when fully charged goes to half in just a few shots... I take
> it out put in back in and it shows full again - another couple of
> shots and it goes to half - sometimes it shows totally empty and won't
> allow any further shots to be taken.
> Take it out put it back in and it shows full again .....
>
> Is this a worn out battery problem (bearing in mind thats its probably
> 2 years old) ??

Most likely.

> OR
>
> is it something more serious perhaps with the camera.... ????

Purchase a new, 3rd party BP-511 equivalent battery on ebay for a couple
of dollars and see if that solves the problem.

-Dave

dslr

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (advid) wrote:
>.... I've recently purchased (couple of weeks ago) a second hand Canon
>D60... really pleased with it.... however the original Canon BP 511
>battery when fully charged goes to half in just a few shots... I take
>it out put in back in and it shows full again - another couple of
>shots and it goes to half - sometimes it shows totally empty and won't
>allow any further shots to be taken.
>Take it out put it back in and it shows full again .....
>
>Is this a worn out battery problem (bearing in mind thats its probably
>2 years old) ??
>
>OR
>
> is it something more serious perhaps with the camera.... ????

Most likely a knackered batery - they don't last for ever.

--
KRs
dslr