Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > pots-to-pots call transfer without tromboning using Cisco 2600

pots-to-pots call transfer without tromboning using Cisco 2600

Per

Greetings all,

1. Is it possible to transfer a selected incoming POTS call to another
POTS destination and avoid Tromboning, i.e. not allocate two call
ports after the transfer is completed?

2. What is the ISDN signalling specification for this?

We use a standard european ISDN PRA connected to a Cisco 2600 series
router/gateway.

Any clues pointers or information on any of the two questions would be
greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Per

Jeff Specoli

I think you can do something like what you are looking for. Just make
one pots peer incoming called-number <number> and another pots peer
destination-pattern <number>. It's called hairpinning.