Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta DSLR ;1600 $ for 6 megapixel?AS are very expensive...

Minolta DSLR ;1600 $ for 6 megapixel?AS are very expensive...

Alan Browne

Darrell Larose wrote:

> I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible Maxxum
> 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo industry by
> surprise with the original Maxxum.

A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
follow on model.

Nostrobino

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%ORc.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Darrell Larose wrote:
>
> > I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible

Maxxum
> > 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo

industry by
> > surprise with the original Maxxum.

> A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
> based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
> follow on model.

Not surprising, as Minolta has always done that with SLRs. First the
high-end prosumer model, then only after the marketing advantages of that
have been taken is there any hint of lower-priced models. Makes sense.

Paul Coen

On 8/8/2004 7:41 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> beyond the 300D.
> 3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.

And, just to remind people, that's the state of affairs four years after
its introduction. That's no small feat. The Maxxum 7 was introducted at
Photokina 2000.

Darrell Larose

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%ORc.5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Darrell Larose wrote:
>
> > I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible

Maxxum
> > 70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo

industry by
> > surprise with the original Maxxum.

> A recent newsletter from Minolta has solely the Maxxum/Dynax 7
> based d-camera cited and only the most vague references to a
> follow on model.

We'll have to wait for Photokina for an official announcement.
Konica-Minolta reps have mentioned that the 7 will have to have an econo
model or they'll lose sales to the new usd $900 Pentax dSLR, and rumours
that Canon will slash the 300D to compete.

Photokina will be interesting...

My predictions;

UP&S digitals with wider lenses, I think we may even see at least one with a
24mm equivalent lens. The Pentax dSLR has already been confirmed by Pentax.

A 5 or 6 MP Digital Stylus (weather proof)

Canon officially showing the 10D replacement, Maybe a Canon 3D (EOS 3 body)

Nikon discontinuing the D100, and it's replacement