Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta DSLR ;1600 $ for 6 megapixel?AS are very expensive...

Minolta DSLR ;1600 $ for 6 megapixel?AS are very expensive...

germano

I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
AS system so fantastic...?
Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
Hi
Germano

Darrell Larose

"germano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
> AS system so fantastic...?
> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
> Hi
> Germano

I haven't seen a price yet, but the camera is more camera thn the Drebel

Bill Hilton

>> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
>> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
>>
>> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

>From: "Darrell Larose" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>
>I haven't seen a price yet, but the camera is more camera thn the Drebel

If $1,600 is the right price the question becomes "is it more camera than the
10D"? And if the rumors are true that the 10D replacement will have 8 Mpix at
a slightly higher price then the Canon looks even better.

The Minolta will likely appeal mainly to folks with a hefty investment in
Minolta lenses for their 35 mm systems. It's unlikely many Nikon or Canon
users would switch systems to buy into this. Who knows what the newbies will
be buying, but it sure looks like Canon and Nikon have more to offer at this
point.

Bill

Douglas

First off,8mp does not always mean better than 6mp! I have tried most of the
new 8mp cameras,and none are making me sorry I have Nikon D70s and a Canon
10D! As for the "anti-shake",have you priced the stabilised Canon lenses?
There can be as much as the cost of the Minolta in extra cost,for 1 lens!If
Minolta can use "as" in all of its lenses,$1600 would be a bargain.I have a
pretty large collection of Minolta AF lenses.I,for one,will jump on it!I
have never liked the Rebel,and even a 8mp Rebel for $800,would not make me
take out my check book!
"germano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
> AS system so fantastic...?
> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
> Hi
> Germano

George Preddy

(E-Mail Removed) (germano) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
> AS system so fantastic...?
> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

Seems like they should go for at least 10MP to stay competive with the
older, sub-$1000 DSLRs. The 10MP SD9 (13MP recorded, using less
interpolation than a Bayer) is going up in price, but its still less
than half the price of the $1600 Minolta.

Annika1980

>From: (E-Mail Removed) (George Preddy)

>The 10MP SD9....

You misspelled "3.4MP."

Nostrobino

"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First off,8mp does not always mean better than 6mp! I have tried most of

the
> new 8mp cameras,and none are making me sorry I have Nikon D70s and a Canon
> 10D! As for the "anti-shake",have you priced the stabilised Canon lenses?
> There can be as much as the cost of the Minolta in extra cost,for 1

lens!If
> Minolta can use "as" in all of its lenses,$1600 would be a bargain.I have

> pretty large collection of Minolta AF lenses.I,for one,will jump on it!I

Same here. I probably won't be first in line--I'm in no hurry and can wait
for the next model or so with the almost inevitable bug fixes, firmware
upgrades and feature enhancements. But a Minolta dSLR is definitely in my
future. I have loads of Maxxum lenses that haven't been doing much of
anything lately.

Alan Browne

germano wrote:

> I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
> the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
> AS system so fantastic...?
> Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
> Hi
> Germano

1. The price isn't out.
2. The camera, based on the overachieving Maxxum (Dynax) 7 is
well beyond the 300D.
3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.
4. The digital Maxxum will have integrated anti-shake so the
benefits accrue to all lenses.
5. This is the first (real) digital SLR from Minolta, more will
come at a lower price point later on.
6. For the Minolta user with a large collection of high end
lenses, the price of the body is not as important as having a
digital SLR to mount them to.

Alan Browne

George Preddy wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (germano) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>
>>I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
>>the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
>>AS system so fantastic...?
>>Attention Minolta...danger affairs..

> Seems like they should go for at least 10MP to stay competive with the
> older, sub-$1000 DSLRs. The 10MP SD9 (13MP recorded, using less
> interpolation than a Bayer) is going up in price, but its still less
> than half the price of the $1600 Minolta.

What an ass you are Preddy. If Sigma had released the 9D/10D in
a Minolta mount they would have sold more bodies to that
population than the total Sigma population to date.

And that's 3.4 Mpix for the Stigma.

Darrell Larose

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rSyRc.792$(E-Mail Removed)...
> germano wrote:
>
> > I dont know Minolta price policy.An OLD 6 mpx sensor (why not 8?) have
> > the same price as 2 Canon dslr 300d body .
> > AS system so fantastic...?
> > Attention Minolta...danger affairs..
> > Hi
> > Germano

> 1. The price isn't out.
> 2. The camera, based on the overachieving Maxxum (Dynax) 7 is
> well beyond the 300D.
> 3. The Maxxum/Dynax 7 has one of the fastest AF's of all SLR's.
> 4. The digital Maxxum will have integrated anti-shake so the
> benefits accrue to all lenses.
> 5. This is the first (real) digital SLR from Minolta, more will
> come at a lower price point later on.
> 6. For the Minolta user with a large collection of high end
> lenses, the price of the body is not as important as having a
> digital SLR to mount them to.

I have heard a rumour from the local Konica-Minolta rep of a possible Maxxum
70 based Rebel class camera as well. Minolta did catch the photo industry by
surprise with the original Maxxum.