Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to include nested properties in DataField of GridView.

How to include nested properties in DataField of GridView.

Peter Rilling

Hi.

I am using a GridView to display records from an ObjectDataSource. My
middle-tier layer have nested properties, meaning that I have things like
Employee.Name.FullName, where Employee is what I am binding the grid to
while FullName is what I want displayed.

For some reason the GridView does not allow me to do something like
DataField="Name.FullName". This worked when using Eval() method, but not
with GridView. Can I emit nested properties using DataField or do I have to
use a TemplateField and revert back to using Eval()?