Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 13 May 2006, Brian A writes
>On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:04:24 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>In message of Sat, 13 May 2006, Brian A writes
>>>>
>>>Has anyone managed to get voiptalk working as a gateway?
>>>If so what settings did you use?
>>>

>>Do you mean a gateway on a Sipura?

>Yes. I tried using voiptalk.org, nat.voiptalk.org,
>nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as a gateway setting but none of them worked.
>eg.
>Gateway: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Gw authID: 1234567
>GW NAT Mapping Enable: YES
>(where 1234567 represents my SIP number)
>
>It might well work OK as the prime provider but I can't get it to work
>as a gateway.
>
>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Worked first time fore me, using:
Gateway 4: (E-Mail Removed)
GW4 NAT Mapping enabled: Yes
GW4 Auth ID: 87654321
GW4 Password: [Your Voiptalk password (not your login password]

Then I tested it to the BT SMS control number 0800 587 5252 which also
confirmed the number I was calling from.

David

David Floyd

In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, David Floyd writes
>In message of Sat, 13 May 2006, Brian A writes
>>On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:04:24 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message of Sat, 13 May 2006, Brian A writes

>>>Do you mean a gateway on a Sipura?

>>Yes. I tried using voiptalk.org, nat.voiptalk.org,
>>nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as a gateway setting but none of them worked.
>>eg.
>>Gateway: (E-Mail Removed)
>>Gw authID: 1234567
>>GW NAT Mapping Enable: YES
>>(where 1234567 represents my SIP number)
>>
>>It might well work OK as the prime provider but I can't get it to work
>>as a gateway.
>>
>>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>Worked first time fore me, using:
>Gateway 4: (E-Mail Removed)
>GW4 NAT Mapping enabled: Yes
>GW4 Auth ID: 87654321
>GW4 Password: [Your Voiptalk password (not your login password]
>
>Then I tested it to the BT SMS control number 0800 587 5252 which also
>confirmed the number I was calling from.

I should have added (but should be obvious) that 87654321 is your
VoipTalk ID (or sometimes referred to as SIP number).

David

Brian A

On Sun, 14 May 2006 09:51:55 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, David Floyd writes
>>In message of Sat, 13 May 2006, Brian A writes

>>>Yes. I tried using voiptalk.org, nat.voiptalk.org,
>>>nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as a gateway setting but none of them worked.
>>>eg.
>>>Gateway: (E-Mail Removed)
>>>Gw authID: 1234567
>>>GW NAT Mapping Enable: YES
>>>(where 1234567 represents my SIP number)
>>>
>>>It might well work OK as the prime provider but I can't get it to work
>>>as a gateway.
>>>
>>>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>>Worked first time fore me, using:
>>Gateway 4: (E-Mail Removed)
>>GW4 NAT Mapping enabled: Yes
>>GW4 Auth ID: 87654321
>>GW4 Password: [Your Voiptalk password (not your login password]
>>
>>Then I tested it to the BT SMS control number 0800 587 5252 which also
>>confirmed the number I was calling from.
>>

>I should have added (but should be obvious) that 87654321 is your
>VoipTalk ID (or sometimes referred to as SIP number).
>
>David

Thank you David, for your reply. I had already done exactly as you
said. However, the difference was I tried calling 901 and 902 as test
numbers. Both returned an unobtainable tone. When I tried the 0800 it
worked fine just as you said. So, it was obviously working.
I just checked my dial plan and it was obvious why the 0800 worked and
the 901 didn't. All sorted now. My fault for not checking more
thoroughly. Thanks!
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sean

It is not possible to diable voicemail unless you are on prepay tariff

Jono

Sean presented the following explanation :
> It is not possible to disable voicemail unless you are on prepay tariff

is it not a pre-pay tariff that was on offer?....the one that came with
the 2 credit.

Sean

Jono wrote:
> Sean presented the following explanation :
>> It is not possible to disable voicemail unless you are on prepay tariff

> is it not a pre-pay tariff that was on offer?....the one that came with
> the 2 credit.

Don't ask me, customer services said it!

paul123

Sean wrote:
> Jono wrote:
> > Sean presented the following explanation :
> >> It is not possible to disable voicemail unless you are on prepay tariff

> > is it not a pre-pay tariff that was on offer?....the one that came with
> > the 2 credit.
> >

> Don't ask me, customer services said it!

maybe they mean monthly pre-pay - like their silver tariff, or europe
all in tariff, or whatever it's called?

I have the silver tariff and that includes options to turn off
voicemail etc

Sean

Yes, seems so "You are on a normal voiptalk tariff, not prepay silver or
unlimited which gives you cheaper calls for a monthly lost. "