Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

Brian

On 2006-05-12, Geo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12 May 2006 03:09:19 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

[Snip]

>>Link is: http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip
>>

> After filling in the compulsory information it just loops back asking for the
> (presumably) non-compulsory stuff!
> " Please enter a valid street address
> Please enter a valid postcode
> Please enter a valid value for city
> Please enter a valid value for your telephone number "
>
> Not impressed...

The compulsory fields are not marked correctly. Or, I suppose, my
browser is not displaying them as compulsory. Which is why the webpage
informs you that you have left some of them blank. I doesn't prevent
you from signing up for an account.

Brian.

Jono

Thomas Kenyon has brought this to us :

> Well, in the time since I wrote that email, I have signed up, configured
> it to work with IAX, configured it with asterisk and tested it.
>
> Worked, and connection was very quick (rang on my deskphone before the
> first ring noise came out of my mobile, and that includes delays caused
> by things like running an AGI script before using Dial etc.).

Are you using asterisk@home.............could you share your iax
settings?...please?

Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon has brought this to us :
>
>> Well, in the time since I wrote that email, I have signed up, configured
>> it to work with IAX, configured it with asterisk and tested it.
>>
>> Worked, and connection was very quick (rang on my deskphone before the
>> first ring noise came out of my mobile, and that includes delays caused
>> by things like running an AGI script before using Dial etc.).

> Are you using asterisk@home.............could you share your iax
> settings?...please?

I used the instructions on the site, first you set the account to use
iax and give it your ip, then you set up a user/friend with a name that
matches your phone number and then an extension in wherever that
user/friend points to with the number that's the same as yours (all
phone number, not account number, the account number is used for making
outgoing calls though).

Thomas Kenyon

Not using asterisk@home, using 1.2.7.

I used the instructions on the site, first you set the account to use
iax and give it your ip, then you set up a user/friend with a name that
matches your phone number and then an extension in wherever that
user/friend points to with the number that's the same as yours (all
phone number, not account number, the account number is used for making
outgoing calls though).

paul123

Jono wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon has brought this to us :
>
> > Well, in the time since I wrote that email, I have signed up, configured
> > it to work with IAX, configured it with asterisk and tested it.
> >
> > Worked, and connection was very quick (rang on my deskphone before the
> > first ring noise came out of my mobile, and that includes delays caused
> > by things like running an AGI script before using Dial etc.).

> Are you using asterisk@home.............could you share your iax
> settings?...please?

Jono I got my voiptalk working about a year ago on AAH on SIP after a
fair bit of pfaffing about. I never did get it working both ways on
IAX. These settings probably contain some excess "fat" and could be
trimmed down. For "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" you do the obvious...

4 Things to do:

1) In AMP/FreePBX - trunks - new SIP trunk

Max Channels : 1

Trunk Name: Voiptalk

Outgoing:
PEER DETAILS:
allow=ulaw
authuser=USERNAME
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=voiptalk.org
fromuser=USERNAME
host=voiptalk.org
insecure=very
maxexpirey=180
nat=yes
secret=PASSWORD
type=friend
username=USERNAME

USER CONTEXT:
Incoming Settings:
USER Details
allow=ulaw
authuser=USERNAME
canreinvite=no
context=custom-voiptalk
defaultexpirey=160
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=voiptalk.org
fromuser=USERNAME
host=voiptalk.org
insecure=very
maxexpirey=180
nat=yes
secret=PASSWORD
type=peer
username=USERNAME

REG STRING:
USERNAME(E-Mail Removed)/USERNAME

NB: context in USER Details is custom-voiptalk, which we'll create
later.

2) In AMP/FreePBX - inbound routes,

create a route where the DID number is your voiptalk username

3) in config-edit - extensions_custom.conf

add a context like this:
[custom-voiptalk]
exten => USERNAME,1,Goto(ext-did,USERNAME,1)
exten => USERNAME,2,Voicemail,u200
replace the 200 with whatever voicemailbox you want

4) On the voiptalk website, login and go to Manage my Incoming Numbers
and select Route to a voiptalk ID, where you select your USERNAME Id.

then test it.

Sean

Am i stupid?

How do i get a free geo number?

I guess you have to supply a valid UK address?

paul123

Sorry .. the user context in step 1 should have your username - your
voiptalk id number...

USER CONTEXT: USERNAME

Brian

On 2006-05-12, Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Am i stupid?

I'll treat this as a rhetorical question but will point out the lack of
context in which you pose this and your other two queries.

> How do i get a free geo number?

Follow the link given in the original posting and complete the
application.

> I guess you have to supply a valid UK address?

Why guess? Try giving a non-UK address and let us know what happens.

Brian.

Jono

paul123 explained on 12/05/2006 :
> Sorry .. the user context in step 1 should have your username - your
> voiptalk id number...
>
> USER CONTEXT: USERNAME

Thanks.

I'm almost there.

I can make calls to the test number, which congratulates me on setting
things up properly.

If I try ringing out, I'm told by a very polite lady that "this number
is not yet in service"

Inbound results in silence.

The CLI sip show registry reveals registered.

Jono

on 12/05/2006, Jono supposed :
> paul123 explained on 12/05/2006 :
>> Sorry .. the user context in step 1 should have your username - your
>> voiptalk id number...
>>
>> USER CONTEXT: USERNAME

> Thanks.
>
> I'm almost there.
>
> I can make calls to the test number, which congratulates me on setting things
> up properly.
>
> If I try ringing out, I'm told by a very polite lady that "this number is not
> yet in service"
>
> Inbound results in silence.
>
> The CLI sip show registry reveals registered.

UPDATE.

Inbound is working, outbound to PSTN not. I am dialling in the format
44800800150, 44121X. etc.