Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to embed video

How to embed video

amerar@iwc.net

Hi All,

Does anyone know the proper HTML code to have a flash movie play
automatically in an email?

We send out our own emails. We have a script which creates all the
HTML. But when the email is received, the spot where the flash is
supposed to show is just not there???

Thanks.

ironcorona

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know the proper HTML code to have a flash movie play
> automatically in an email?

I bet that's how email works in hell.

--
Brian O'Connor (ironcorona)

cwdjrxyz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know the proper HTML code to have a flash movie play
> automatically in an email?
>
> We send out our own emails. We have a script which creates all the
> HTML. But when the email is received, the spot where the flash is
> supposed to show is just not there???

Many email services block movie files, etc. In fact many email services
block html and all attachments because of the virus problems. For
example, I use Yahoo mail, and have it set to block html, although I
can turn html on when desired. A big file such as a movie would appear
as an attachment usually. I would have to select to open the attachment
which only would be opened after Yahoo does a virus scan because of the
great virus and worm risks for attachments. I would never open an
attachment from an unknown source, and usually not from a known source.
Sorry, but if you want me to see a movie, you will have to put it on a
web page. Many others feel the same way. If the movie is very large in
byte size, as many are, many will not appreciate your filling up their
email space with it, especially if they are on dialup. Of course if the
movie is being sent only to friends and relatives who let you know that
they like such attachments, then that is another matter.

Gufus

Hi ironcorona,

Saturday May 13 2006, ironcorona writes to (E-Mail Removed):

> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> I bet that's how email works in hell.

Thats funny.

--
K Klement

.... Things work better when plugged in.

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know the proper HTML code to have a flash movie play
> automatically in an email?

Fastest way to my spam filter!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

embed flv video Gernot Frisch HTML 9 04-28-2009 10:08 AM
Embed video in xml file? sunilkes@gmail.com XML 1 02-12-2008 05:19 PM
embed problem - video image dont show up anymore??? Rhinolover HTML 5 07-26-2003 11:40 PM

Advertisments