Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > aligning text

aligning text

Paul Watt

Hi,

How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?

http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

--

Paul Watt
http://www.paulwatt.info

boclair

Paul Watt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
>
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

add a suitable margin-top to the floated menu rule set.

Suggest also
1.. set width for floated menu
2.. use DTD strict

Louise

Gus Richter

Paul Watt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
>
> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu
give position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;

Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I
suspect that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your
header box, so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.

When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly
applied the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply
the minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before
the trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.

--
Gus

Paul Watt

"Gus Richter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Paul Watt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
>>
>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

> I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu give
> position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;
>
> Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I suspect
> that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your header box,
> so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
> img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.
>
> When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly applied
> the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply the
> minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before the
> trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.
>
> --
> Gus

Thank you Gus,
Worked a treat!