Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > web service problem - Could not create type

web service problem - Could not create type

Rotsey

Hi,

I have just installed VS 2005 on a XP Pro PC with IIS 5.0. I already have
VS2003 installed.

I am trying to create a "Hello World" web service and publish it to a remote
server that is running Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0.

The publish seems to go fine to the server.

But when I try to consume the service in a Win forms app I get the error

Could not create type 'Service'.

My asmx is called Service.asmx.

I can't beleive that I have this problem, it is a trivial hello world for
peats sake.

I have checked that I hav e framework 2.0 on both dev and remote server.

Any ideas would be helpful,

thanks
Malcolm