Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Response.transmitfile resets the connection on Windows 2003

Response.transmitfile resets the connection on Windows 2003

APA

I am transmitting files using response.transmitfile. I only have a problem
using it with MP3s. Larger files (20MB+ ZIP files) are no problem. I'm
using an HttpHandler in .NET 1.1 on Windows 2003 to handle the delivery of
MP3 files as well as ZIP files the zip files have no problem but the with
MP3s I get an error on the client saying "the server reset the connection"
(both IE and FF get the error) . I tested it on Windows 2000 and sometimes
IE still has a problem whereas FF does not. When test it on my local
server (a Win2000 server) I have no problem at all with either browser. I
don't know if maybe IIS is part of the problem or if there are some browser
issues too. Any ideas?

APA

More info, here are two links to see what happens

Windows 2003 Server
http://media.indieclectic.com/sample...Oh,%20Love.mp3

Windows 200 Server
http://demo.weblicationsinc.com/samp...Oh,%20Love.mp3