Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Detect postback from Automatic prompting for file downloads

Detect postback from Automatic prompting for file downloads

ar

Hello,

In IE I disable "Automatic prompting for file downloads" which causes
the IE information bar to show up when I try to push a file download
from an iframe. I want to keep this behaviour.

When clicking "Download file..." on the information bar, a postback
occurs. I would like to detect this postback. The file that is going to
be downloaded is generated by a rather heavy export, now the export is
running twice. Once before the information bar shows up and again when
"Download file..." has been clicked. Because I can save the export to
disk I can push it on the postback without having to create it again.
However... I am not able to detect the reason of the postback !

Any hints would be appreciated.

Ar