Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Domain user account running ASP.NET 1.1

Domain user account running ASP.NET 1.1

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQ2FtcA==?=

I used the following article to run ASP.NET 1.1 under a domain user identity:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SecNetHT01.asp

I was able to sucessfully copy a file out to a network share using a ASP.NET
application, but when I updated the password in the machine.config file it
now gives me this System.IO.IOException:

The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or
local user account to access this server.

I switched it back to the old password and rebooted, performed many
IISresets and also did an aspnet_regiis, but to no avail.

It is also interesting that when I set the password incorrectly in the
machine.config that ASP.NET still runs, and I'm not sure why this would be
the case.

Patrick.O.Ige

Jason, try posting the exact error you are getting.
Patrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...