Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Problem with accessing some sites

Problem with accessing some sites

Ronnie Tash

Hi i have a network but i have gotten a problem when i try accesing
some sites like cnn.com, projectw.org yet from other networks i can
veiw them.
What could cause this could this be a routing problem? OR something
else like my provider is blocking them?
thanks in advance

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Ronnie Tash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi i have a network but i have gotten a problem when i try accesing
>some sites like cnn.com, projectw.org yet from other networks i can
>veiw them.
>What could cause this could this be a routing problem? OR something
>else like my provider is blocking them?

MTU problems, and non-existant or blocked Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD)

hinesjrh hinesjrh is offline
Junior Member

Do you have web filtering in place such as Websense, ISA server, or similar blocking at your firewall or router? If yes, you may need to request that access be allowed to the sites you list. If not, you may want to start by checking with your ISP and see if they can see your requests coming through. What message / error do you get when you can't access these sites?

Some sites ok, some not on wireless ....... Nondisclosure007 Wireless Networking 1 06-22-2009 08:29 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments