Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > pppoe server on c7200

pppoe server on c7200

kkuuffeell

I have pppoe server on cisco 7200
everything is working fine
cisco authorize clients on radius server and it's ok
but when i change soft on cisco there is a problem
if in radius there is not parametr cisco-AVR client couldn't connect and see
error 619
but the same client with the same parameters on radius plus
Cisco-AVR += lcp: etc.. on radius
is working fine

When i back to other soft both type of clients works fine

sombody can help me?
Peter

Merv

Are you trying to change the IOS version being used on the 7200 ?

If so what version works with PPPOE and which one did not ?

kkuuffeell

> Are you trying to change the IOS version being used on the 7200 ?

of course

> If so what version works with PPPOE and which one did not ?

c7200-is-mz.123-8.T.bin - works fine
c7200-js-mz.123-1a.bin - also works but it's need to have Cisco-AVR
attribute in radius

i test some other IOS but results is the same some of them works fine
some works but if there is no tis parameter in radius , client couldn't
login

i think there is problem with cisco vendor atributes maybe some default
attributes is taken wrong?

Peter

Merv

what is the target IOS version you are trying to upgrade to ?

do you have "radius-server vsa send authentication" configured ?

kkuuffeell

> what is the target IOS version you are trying to upgrade to ?

last post i wrote this, i do upgrade in both directions

> do you have "radius-server vsa send authentication" configured ?

yes

kkuuffeell

>I have pppoe server on cisco 7200
> everything is working fine
> cisco authorize clients on radius server and it's ok
> but when i change soft on cisco there is a problem
> if in radius there is not parametr cisco-AVR client couldn't connect and
> see error 619
> but the same client with the same parameters on radius plus
> Cisco-AVR += lcp: etc.. on radius
> is working fine
>
> When i back to other soft both type of clients works fine

I see that when Cisco-AVR attribute is send , router create virtual
interface
when there is no this parameter router try create virtual SUBinterface and
failed

with other IOS router always create virtual interface and it work.

When i do
#no virtual-template subinterfaces

it work on both IOS

i still searching

Cisco 3640 128D/16F PPPOE problem (cannot create pppoe protocol) lga775 Hardware 1 02-18-2010 10:16 AM
C7200-i/o-fe-mii/rj45 castor Cisco 0 11-01-2006 10:32 PM
Error when load an IOS on my PCMCIA flash card (C7200-I/O-2FE/E) SNS101 Cisco 0 09-15-2006 05:44 PM
Cisco pppoe client can connect multiple pppoe sessions John Nordien Cisco 0 11-22-2004 09:11 PM
C7200 Memory upgrade questions.. Peter Cisco 2 04-18-2004 03:02 PM

Advertisments