Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed XMLWin/WebServices 70-310

Passed XMLWin/WebServices 70-310

classified public

It's a miracle! Got out with a score of 820.

Now, I reflect on the many hours I have put into this certication (My
rendition of Alexander's quest for the fountain of youth) and can say,
without any reserve what-so-ever, I am GLAD.

Cerebrus

Congrats on your MCAD.NET !

classified public

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Congrats on your MCAD.NET !

Actually it's MCSD.Net (I didn't get MCAD until I got MCSD at the same time)
because I didn't pass all three Win/Web/XML until very last exam, 70-310
I never considered MCAD as the goal. My goal from the start was MCSD.

So, In the certification bank, I deposited in order ...
70-306 Windows (Oct 27, 2005)
70-305 Web (Oct 28, 2005)
70-229 SQL Server 2000 (Dec 09, 2006)
70-300 ARDSA May 12, 2006)
70-310 XML (May 13, 2006)
-----------------------
MCSD.Net (500 hours self-paced study)
________
________

=?Utf-8?B?ZGplcjA2?=

The order in which you passed/took your exams... would you suggest this
certification be taken in that order?

I have my MCSD VB6.0 but I an looking for my .net now.

did you buy the transcender? what did you use to help you in your study? I
have the MS Press books for this cert. I was thinking of purchasing the
transcender to help me study.

"classified public" wrote:

> "Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Congrats on your MCAD.NET !

> Actually it's MCSD.Net (I didn't get MCAD until I got MCSD at the same time)
> because I didn't pass all three Win/Web/XML until very last exam, 70-310
> I never considered MCAD as the goal. My goal from the start was MCSD.
>
> So, In the certification bank, I deposited in order ...
> 70-306 Windows (Oct 27, 2005)
> 70-305 Web (Oct 28, 2005)
> 70-229 SQL Server 2000 (Dec 09, 2006)
> 70-300 ARDSA May 12, 2006)
> 70-310 XML (May 13, 2006)
> -----------------------
> MCSD.Net (500 hours self-paced study)
> ________
> ________

Cerebrus

There is no suggested or recommended order. You can take the exams in
your preferred sequence. I would suggest, however, to keep the most
difficult for the last (which is usually considered to be 70-300).

Here is the order that I gave them in :

a) 70-306
b) 70-310
c) 70-315
d) 70-340
e) 70-300

Regards,

Cerebrus.

Simon Hart

I see you are mixing VB and C#. I will finally get around to booking myself
in for 70-300 v.soon next week most probably.

Is it really that tough?
Simon.

"Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> There is no suggested or recommended order. You can take the exams in
> your preferred sequence. I would suggest, however, to keep the most
> difficult for the last (which is usually considered to be 70-300).
>
> Here is the order that I gave them in :
>
> a) 70-306
> b) 70-310
> c) 70-315
> d) 70-340
> e) 70-300
>
> Regards,
>
> Cerebrus.

classified public

The order was determined by how quickly the exam would add to my personal
value, income-wise and career-wise, at that specific time. I would suggest
taking exams based on how it will affect your personal worth, not as most
people say, according to what is easy or convenient.

Transcender has a great reputation. I did not go with them because of cost.
However, I believe ultimately all good practice exams come from brain dumps
.... one of my brilliant observations. Otherwise, they would be no better
than your guessing. If I were looking right now, I would go to e-bay or
pricegrabber and see what's for sale.

As far as what I actually used ... I take the 5th, other than saying I used
Sybex books for four exams and some book from I think LearnKey for ARDSA,
and I made a deal with some one from E-Bay for practice exams.

But, I will be more direct about braindumps. If a given practice exam is
not a braindump, it has zero certification value. You don't have to be a
philosopher to arrive at that conclusion.

On the flip side, even if you had the ARDSA exam questions, for example
sake, right in front of you, the exam would still be very difficult to pass.

Let me shutup before I violate NDA. Anyway. part of my motivation for
coming out on this issue is that MS stiffed me when I failed my two exams
and they refused to give me 2nd shot voucher, after the fact. I can
understand the decision. But, to them, not a big deal. Me, $250 I could
have used on fixing the broken window in my living room the kid across the
street broke. Don't want to be a d*ck, so I'll get over it.

"djer06" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The order in which you passed/took your exams... would you suggest this
> certification be taken in that order?
>
> I have my MCSD VB6.0 but I an looking for my .net now.
>
> did you buy the transcender? what did you use to help you in your study?
> have the MS Press books for this cert. I was thinking of purchasing the
> transcender to help me study.
>
> "classified public" wrote:
>

>> "Cerebrus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > Congrats on your MCAD.NET !

>> Actually it's MCSD.Net (I didn't get MCAD until I got MCSD at the same
>> time)
>> because I didn't pass all three Win/Web/XML until very last exam, 70-310
>> I never considered MCAD as the goal. My goal from the start was MCSD.
>>
>> So, In the certification bank, I deposited in order ...
>> 70-306 Windows (Oct 27, 2005)
>> 70-305 Web (Oct 28, 2005)
>> 70-229 SQL Server 2000 (Dec 09, 2006)
>> 70-300 ARDSA May 12, 2006)
>> 70-310 XML (May 13, 2006)
>> -----------------------
>> MCSD.Net (500 hours self-paced study)
>> ________
>> ________

Cerebrus

Thus spake Simon :

>> I see you are mixing VB and C#. I will finally get around to booking myself
>> in for 70-300 v.soon next week most probably.

Yes, you're right. Since I'm comfy with both the languages, I decided
early on that it might be more beneficial if I demonstrate proficiency
in both the languages. Most people I have seen don't do this. Matter of
preference, of course.

Best of luck for your 70-300... Going to join the MCSD club soon,
aren't you ! Lookin forward to it...