Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCP Member site problem...

MCP Member site problem...

Cerebrus

Hi all,

For the past few days, I'm unsuccessfully trying to do two things at
the MCP Member site <https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/default.aspx> :

1. Request for a MCSD.NET welcome kit.

2. Print my Transcript.

Each time I try to request for a Welcome kit, a "Server error, Try
later" page comes up. After doing this many times, now the Button to
Request for a Welcome kit has vanished. I am now in a quandary, whether
to assume that my request has been submitted or not, since I did not
see any confirmation page like I got for my MCAD.NET request.

Each time I open the Transcript page, I get a standard IE message
saying "This page has some non-secure items..." and I click OK. When
the page loads, instead of the Button which allows printing the
transcript, I see "Your browser does not support ActiveX. You must have
ActiveX support to print your transcript". I want to clarify that I am
using IE 6.0 and have been able to print my Transcript till last month.

This is definitely a problem with the site, but I wanted to confirm it.
Are any of you facing the same problem ??? Could anyone login to the
site and check ?

I know I can email the Regional Service center about the problem but
that's my last resort.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Cerebrus.

Darth Windows

Hi, I just tried the MCP site for a transcript and experienced no problems.
The on screen transcript appeared OK and with the "Print MCP Transcript"
button. Clicked the button to get a print out with no problems, too. Have
you disabled ActiveX controls in your browser?

Can't comment on your welcome pack problems... won't be at that position
until August at the earliest (

--
Certifications:
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=

Cerebrus,
I just logged on and printed my transcript without any problems. I don't
think I am doing anything differently than you are. Do you maybe have
activeX controls disabled on advanced internet options of IE? Not sure what
else to tell you off the top of my head, because at least from here it sure
doesn't look like a server issue.

I have seen a whole lot of posts on here about folks not getting their
welcome packets. I would try sending an email to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Good luck.
--
John Strohecker, MCSE

"Cerebrus" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For the past few days, I'm unsuccessfully trying to do two things at
> the MCP Member site <https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/default.aspx> :
>
> 1. Request for a MCSD.NET welcome kit.
>
> 2. Print my Transcript.
>
> Each time I try to request for a Welcome kit, a "Server error, Try
> later" page comes up. After doing this many times, now the Button to
> Request for a Welcome kit has vanished. I am now in a quandary, whether
> to assume that my request has been submitted or not, since I did not
> see any confirmation page like I got for my MCAD.NET request.
>
> Each time I open the Transcript page, I get a standard IE message
> saying "This page has some non-secure items..." and I click OK. When
> the page loads, instead of the Button which allows printing the
> transcript, I see "Your browser does not support ActiveX. You must have
> ActiveX support to print your transcript". I want to clarify that I am
> using IE 6.0 and have been able to print my Transcript till last month.
>
> This is definitely a problem with the site, but I wanted to confirm it.
> Are any of you facing the same problem ??? Could anyone login to the
> site and check ?
>
> I know I can email the Regional Service center about the problem but
> that's my last resort.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Cerebrus.

Cerebrus

Hi Darth and John,

Firstly, thank you so much for your efforts.

In order to check if the problem was a security setting with my
browser, this is what I had done 2 days back :

1. I added the site to my list of Trusted sites.
2. I changed my Trusted sites' security settings to allow everything.
All ActiveX behaviour, components and scripting was enabled.
3. I then logged on to the site, and opened the Transcript generation
page. I could verify from the icon in the status bar, that this was
being recognized as a Trusted site.
4. Before opening it gave me a message saying "This page contains both
secure and nonsecure content. Do you want to display the nonsecure
items?" The result was the same when I clicked Ok or Cancel. The page
loaded but the "Print Transcript" button was replaced by a message
saying "Your browser does not support ActiveX".
5. Suspecting that this could be an IE centric problem, I opened the
same page by logging in with Mozilla Firefox. I got the same error, but
no "secure items" dialog.

Now I am at a loss to identify what could be the problem. I was able to
easily print out my Transcript till maybe a month back. Although I keep
changing the security settings of the Internet zone, I never need to
mess with the security settings of the Trusted sites zone.

Well, anyway, if you're not facing the problem, must be something at my
end. Maybe I'll go and check the page in a cyber-cafe.

Thanks again, for all the help,

Regards,

Cerebrus.