Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Retaining Cookies

Retaining Cookies

R Hickey

This is probably a somewhat unusual problem but I am having difficulty
getting FF to keep some cookies that I want to retain.

I have about 5 from a couple of sites that allow me to automatically log-
in without having to retype passwords and usernames, etc at banking sites
and such.

I have cookies enabled, I have these specific sites listed in the "accept
cookies from" or "allow" or whatever the check box in the tools menu is
named. I entered the sites into any and every place I could find to permit
them setting cookies and keeping them until they expire.

I also use "ANec Cookie Editor 0.2.1.0" extension and again have all the
sites I want to be retained listed there.

I don't have any program or settings to clear cookies, temporary files,
etc. I did a while back and un-installed them to see if by chance this was
deleting the cookies. It hasn't changed anything.

I am running Windows XP Home with no service packs installed and can't
think of much else that might be helpful.

Any ideas / advice why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

gwtc

R Hickey wrote:

> This is probably a somewhat unusual problem but I am having difficulty
> getting FF to keep some cookies that I want to retain.
>
> I have about 5 from a couple of sites that allow me to automatically log-
> in without having to retype passwords and usernames, etc at banking sites
> and such.
>
> I have cookies enabled, I have these specific sites listed in the "accept
> cookies from" or "allow" or whatever the check box in the tools menu is
> named. I entered the sites into any and every place I could find to permit
> them setting cookies and keeping them until they expire.
>
> I also use "ANec Cookie Editor 0.2.1.0" extension and again have all the
> sites I want to be retained listed there.
>
> I don't have any program or settings to clear cookies, temporary files,
> etc. I did a while back and un-installed them to see if by chance this was
> deleting the cookies. It hasn't changed anything.
>
> I am running Windows XP Home with no service packs installed and can't
> think of much else that might be helpful.
>
> Any ideas / advice why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Robert

what else have you got running in the background? Some anti-virus
programs delete cookies, as well as some Firewalls, spam blockers and
checkers, and a few others

--
Things I learned from my Mother

Tip #9. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

Tip #10. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Tip #11. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"