Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Disable Automatic Wireless Network Configuration

Disable Automatic Wireless Network Configuration

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

It doesn't work! Even when I log on as administrator in Windows XP,

Everytime I restart Windows XP the bloody thing tries to take over from
my NETGEAR WG311v2 Utility. And the Windows XP one always drops out due to
weak signal, so I have to use this hardware-designed software for better
running. Why must I continually re-disable this stupid unhelpful program
every single time I restart?

Please help guys; would really really appreciate a way out of this?

Thanks for your help,
Tom Hilliar, Sydney, Australia.

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It doesn't work! Even when I log on as administrator in Windows XP,
>
> Everytime I restart Windows XP the bloody thing tries to take over from
> my NETGEAR WG311v2 Utility. And the Windows XP one always drops out due to
> weak signal, so I have to use this hardware-designed software for better
> running. Why must I continually re-disable this stupid unhelpful program
> every single time I restart?
>
> Please help guys; would really really appreciate a way out of this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Tom Hilliar, Sydney, Australia.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

Thanks, but no help...

On Wireless if two systems try to connect you it doesn't work right - so the
only way I could stop Windows from repeatedly connecting was to eventually go
to;

"Run"

"Services.msc"

Then disable

"Windows Zero Configuration" utility - which kept auto-reactivating itself
every time I started the computer - even though I had told it not to turn on
by unchecking the box it said would disable it...

Hope this helps everyone with the same question -

Tom...

(To Re-enable the utility - just go back and change the setting back to
"Automatic" in "Run", "services.msc")