Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Free VHDL Simulator(s) ..?

Free VHDL Simulator(s) ..?

pbdelete@spamnuke.ludd.luthdelete.se.invalid

What simulators are there that will take a .vhdl source and simulate it
graphically?, and which preferebly run on freebsd or linux..?

Geo

GHDL, VHDL simulator
http://ghdl.free.fr/

GTKwave, Waveform viewer
http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/apt/p...tools/gtkwave/

They both run on Linux, not sure about FreeBSD.

Best wishes,
José Jorge Enríquez R.

Felix Bertram

just one comment here:

> GTKwave, Waveform viewer
> http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/apt/p...tools/gtkwave/

GTKwave is no longer maintained by the University of Manchester. So the
2.x branch is currently dead.

Tony Bybell (the original autor) is actively maintaining the 3.x branch
here:
http://home.nc.rr.com/gtkwave/

I am personally maintaining the MacOSX port of GTKwave, however I failed
to provide the latest revisions due to some unresolved issues with GTK
and MacOSX 10.4.6. Any volunteers highly welcome.

Best regards, Felix
--
Dipl.-Ing. Felix Bertram
http://www.bertram-family.com/felix

Geo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>GHDL, VHDL simulator
>http://ghdl.free.fr/

Guess what I'm looking for is an schematic input (capture) and graphical
presentation in schematic form that shows the state of the circuit for every
step. Much like chipmunk, except that chipmunk can't export to .vhdl asfaik.