Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > What cisco voip devices

What cisco voip devices

prime prime is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

Can someone please help me out with the choice of a Cisco device(s)?

A number of switch-based carriers and consumer VoIP service providers want to terminate their international calls. I have been asked to recommend a VOIP solutions that would make this happen. I am new to the voice side of Cisco so any help to a newcomer will be greatly appreciated.

What I am trying to find out is what I need to make this happen. My main concern is the capacity. Volumes range from a few 64k links to 100 E1 circuits.

What is required to allow the carriers to terminate traffic with us?
What Cisco voice devices do I need to get this working i.e. gate keepers, gateways etc
-Carriers will all be coming in VOIP and a few SS7
- What gateway handle up to 100 E1's (calculated by approx 300,000 voice minutes per E1)?
-Compatible with all voice protocols (H323,SIP,MGCP..)
-Any hiccups I must be made aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Prime