Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > VC++ and ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser

VC++ and ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser

Zawa

Why, when a I put and ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser component on my dialog
(e.g. CBrowserDlg) and then call DoModal() dialog doesn't appear and
DoModal() reasult -1 ? Should I register somehow this ActiveX in my project?

Alf P. Steinbach

* Zawa:

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

Victor Bazarov

Zawa wrote:
> Why, when a I put and ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser component on my dialog
> (e.g. CBrowserDlg) and then call DoModal() dialog doesn't appear and
> DoModal() reasult -1 ? Should I register somehow this ActiveX in my project?

Why, when there are ActiveX programming newsgroups and MFC programming
newsgroups and MS Windows programming newsgroups, specifically created
for these questions, do we get those posts here, in a _language_ forum?

Zawa

Sorry, my mistake ...

Ron Natalie

Zawa wrote:
> Why, when a I put and ActiveX Microsoft Web Browser component on my dialog
> (e.g. CBrowserDlg) and then call DoModal() dialog doesn't appear and
> DoModal() reasult -1 ? Should I register somehow this ActiveX in my project?

Make sure you do OLEInitialize or something appropriate if you're going
to use COM/ActiveX in your app.